VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg 7.0 + Voip Dial Out Issue

I'm in the process of testing Voiceguide 7.0 (recently downloaded version) with the HMP trial 4-line license and a local area voip provider. I am having problems getting a dial out call working as Voiceguide seems to be immediately hanging up the connection before or immediately after attempting to dial the call.

Some (hopefully) helpful info about my setup:

- HMP is running and voiceguide starts with the 4 demo lines from the default config.xml.

- Running on Windows Server 2003 R2 on Two Dual Core AMD processors with 4 Gigs of Ram.

- Script has two steps, the start step plays an 8bit 8khz test wav file and then times out after 2 seconds with no repeats, and passes to a hangup module.

(Any scripting changes since VG5.0 that I am unaware of that would stop a script like this from working?)

- I've tested my connection settings using an x-lite softphone and was able to make calls through the VOIP provider.

- I can't see anything obvious in the log files that shows an error with the voip connection, at least until the call is attempted.

- I only have a test VOIP plan for termination calls, and do not have an inbound DID setup yet. (Is a DID setup required to dial out in VG?)

- The server is behind a firewall, with ports 5060 and 8000 unblocked in addition to usual internet ports. (Do I need to unblock other ports?)

I've attached a zip with my config.xml and the log files showing the startup and call attempt. (Note that account names, passwords, and IP addresses have been obscured in the file).

Any suggestions in what I should try next to get this working?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Support_Files.zip

Trace shows that the number dialed is:

On VoIP SIP systems the outgoing number needs to be specified like this:

destination@SipServiceProvider

So to have your selected VoIP provider dial forward the call to a particular destination (15555551212 in this case) the dialed number should be:

15555551212@sip.ca2.link2voip.com

note that this allows you to specify which VoIP provider to use to make the call as well at the time the call is loaded.

Sometimes the VoIP provider also requires for the "From:" field to be specified on the outgoing call to allow it to resolve the VoIP account to which the call should be billed to. CallerID is specified like this in the "Options" field:

<CallerId>sip:ourUserName@SomeDomain.com</CallerId>

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to add the extra information for the sip provider along side the number, but am still seeing the same issues. (See log file)

I also tried to add the callerid xml tag into the dial out options but that doesn't seem to be the cause either. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Support_Files.zip

In general it is a good idea to test the system with incoming calls before attempting outgoing calls. It is easier to achieve incoming call answering and it helps in verifying the system is correctly set up. It's easiest to just call the system directly using a softphone on another pc on the same network. Calls can be placed directly into the system using the IP address of the server on which HMP/VoiceGuide is running.

Regarding the outbound calls, can you try placing a call using the IP address instead of sip.ca2.link2voip.com. Right now that address resolves to 66.51.110.210, so could you try sending a call to

15555551212@66.51.110.210

If the above does not succeed in placing a call then we would need to see the WireShark traces from this system to see what is happening on the network interface.