VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Connecting 2 Dialogic Boards

Hi When connecting 2 d/41e-pci dialogic boards using Scbus, is there any thing to do within vg or even DCM in particular?

thx

MH

Just connect the boards together with the SC-Bus cable. Nothing else needs to be set/done.

Hi Could someone help me, the 2 boards are seens in the DCM but as 2 diffrents boards. in the VG interface I only see 4 lines (I should see 8)

I think I do not concect the boards correctly, please help. do you have a picture to see who this should be connected

tkx

mh

Have you changed the VoiceGuide's Config.xml file to include 8 lines instead of the default 4 lines that the default Config.xml contains?

See the sample Config.xml files for examples of how to specify for VoiceGuide to open more then the default 4 lines.

I'll check that in fact this was my first question :-)

Anyway regarding the connection itself, I dont really know what is the difference between SC-bus CT-bus adaptator etc..

What I have is two modules like the image attached and the connecor and as these modules can be connected both sides, I dont know if I have connected them well

please help

post-375-1195166203_thumb.jpg

The picture shows a SCBus-to-CTBus converter.

As both cards use SC-Bus then you should be able to use an SC-Bus cable to connect the cards as well (which would not require the converters).

But you can use the converters on both cards and connect them with the CT-Bus cable.

Either way is fine.

Looks like the reference to vg was missed in your first question. The answer related more to setting up the cards then setting up VG.

The VG install places a Config.xml file setup for 4 lines. Systems other then 4 line systems need the Config.xml modified.

OK please just tell me which of these two attchement represente the right connection.

Tkx

MH

post-375-1195170154_thumb.jpg

post-375-1195170164_thumb.jpg

Looks like the D/41E-PCI card has a CT-Bus connector (also called the H.100 connector), so there is no need to use any SCBus-to-CTBus converters.

Just get a CT Bus cable and connect the two cards together.

Hi is it possible to connect 2 different dialogic boards like one D/41 and one VFX as soon as they both have the same ct-bus connector ?

Tkx

is it possible to connect 2 different dialogic boards like one D/41 and one VFX as soon as they both have the same ct-bus connector ?

Yes.