VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg7 Sound File Issues - Wont Play File

I am using VG7 (IVR Service Monitor CLR 2.0.50727.42) on a Dialogic 4 Port Analog card and I am having issues with playing some wav files.

I have used the recording module in VG7 to record these wav files so there should not be any sample rate issues. The first wav file in the script plays OK but all subsequent wav files do not. Line Status monitor states that the wav files are being played but there is only silence.

As a test, I continued to navigate through the script and then ended the call using the Line Status Monitor in the middle of one of the wav files that presents silence. Next time I dialled in, I heard the start of the first wav file and then the file that was playing when I ended the previous call cuts in. I am able to replicate this often.

Please tell me what info I can provide you with to assist in diagnosing this issue. I have also seen this occur on VG6 when the system was unable to find a particular wav file or default libraries. I have checked the script to ensure all wav files are present and accounted for and correctly pathed.

Please post the traces capturing the call on which you heard problems.

We have not seen any problems with sound file mixups etc.

The only requirement of VG v7 is for all sound fiels played consecutively within one module should have the same format. Differet format sound fielsc an be played if they are used in separate modules, or are not played consecutively.

Traces attached in addition to recording of the wav file error. Call started at 12:55:06 and ended at 12:55:50 to assist you in identifying the call in question. Please remember that all but the initial wav (employee.wav) file play silence.

VG7.zip

Is the VG7.WAV sound file recorded by dialing into the system and recording what the caller hears immediately after the call is answered?

Can you please post the actual sound file played by the script upon call answer - the "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Rostering\TestAudio\employee.wav" file.

and the files "TestAudio\password.wav" and "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Rostering\TestAudio\pwd_success.wav".

Also can you please update to the latest version of VG7 available from our WWW.

All wav files used by the script are recorded by dialling into the system and then pressing 8, which directs to me to the recording module. The recording module records to a file called temp.wav. Once I have finished recording, I copy this file and rename it to employee.wav and password.wav etc.

Please note that not even the TTS component is playing when it should. But given that the tts files and other wav's play when employee.wav should be playing would indicate the audio files themselves are in a correct and playable format.

I will update to VG7 now and let you know if this fixes the problem.

audio.zip

Traces seem to show that the system on a previous call has queued a file to be played, but has never played it as the Dialogic card never seemed to send a signal that the previously playing file completed...

The queued sound file was then played aftet the next "End Of Play" event arrived (on next call).

Which Dialogic card is being used on this system and which Dialogic's System Release drivers are being used?

125525.015 3300 022 fn PlayStart(iLineId=22, sFileList=,C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Rostering\TestAudio\pwd_success.wav, sXMLOptions=, lActionKeysEnabled=0)

125525.015 3300 022 PlayStart(hLine=22, strSoundFile=,C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Rostering\TestAudio\pwd_success.wav, iPlayId=285656(0x45bd8), iParam1=0, iParam2=0, zsParam1=, zsParam2=, keys[NotUsed])

125525.015 3300 play queue files for later play (hli=0x7654ec8, dwPlayId=280625(0x44831), iRecId=0(0x0))

125539.140 3300 022 raise ev PlayEnd 295562

125539.140 3300 022 CTelProxy::Event_PlayEnd end

125539.140 3300 022 raise ev Dialogic 129 TDX_PLAY 295562 0 0

125539.156 3300 022 ev raise Dialogic comlete

125539.156 3300 022 play start (hli=0x7654ec8, strSoundFile=,C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Rostering\TestAudio\pwd_success.wav, iPlayId=285656(0x45bd8), iParam1=0, iParam2=0, zsParam1=(null), zsParam2=(null))

Need to have a working demo of this application by midday tomorrow, so any suggestions you can offer to address this will be greatly appreciated.

VoiceGuide traces indicate that there is also a digital E1 card in that system.

If the analog card is the D/4PCIU then there would not be a SC/CT Bus connection between those two cards. This can lead to all sorts of system stability problems - missing events is one of them.

We'd recommend placing the D/4PCIU in a separate system (or removing the E1 card) and running the test calls again.

We use D/4PCIU card under SR6.0 on one of our test systems and we experience no issues with missing events like what we are seeing in the supplied traces.

If you require to have an analog card in the same system as the Digital card then you would need to use a D/41JCT card, and link the D41JCT to the digital card using a SC-Bus (CT-Bus) connector.

Thanks for your assistance.

I removed the E1 card and relocated the D4PCI card to another slot and re-installed the Dialogic Drivers. I did this to remove all references to the E1 card. All to no avail I am afraid to say as the same issue is still occurring.

I have attached the log file for your review.

1113_1816_vgEngine.txt

I copied the VG script and sound files to another server running Windows Server 2003 that has a D120JCT card in it. I installed Dot Net 3.0, Service Pack 2 and the latest VG from your site and the same problem is experienced.

Any more ideas that we can try?

Could you please post (.ZIPed) the script along with all the sound files used by the script.

We will setup this script and the sound files on our test system to see if we can reproduce the problem.

Which version of Dialogic SR6.0 drivers is installed on this system (ie: which "Service Update" version).

VG7 Script, Database and sound files are attached for your testing.

Please note that I did some further testing afteryour phone call this morning. I set the password module as the start module and all subsequent wav files played as they should. Is it possible that there is an error in the first module or the second two modules that the path follows prior to getting to the password that is causing the audio error?

How do I find the Service Update version of SR6.0? DCM tells me that it is Version 6.0, Build 61.

roster.zip

Further testing by removing the modules one by one, shows that when the database query module is introduced, it causes a bug in playing subsequent wav files.

Can you please advise if you find the same?

We will roll back to VG6 to continue building the application and await your response.

Looks like this issue has now been resolved.

Please download the latest v7 available from our WWW and try with that version.

The fix appears to be working well. Will let you know if we come across any other problems.

Thanks!