VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg7 Wav File Quality

Hi,

When I use a wav file that has more than a couple of words the playback gets slower as it plays. The first word or two are find but as it gets near the end the sound gets very slow or dragy. I am using VG7 with HMP build 152. This happens even with the demo scripts and wav files.

Thanks

Randy

We have not come across any such issues during our testing, and we have tested with very long sound files (over an hour long).

The VoIP system is not really capable of 'slowing down' a sound file. The recipient either receives a packet or they do not, so recipient can either hear a sound file being played, or they hear silence.

Are you perhaps hearing the sound 'drop out' ?

Drop outs are usually caused by network congestion along the way.

Are you placing calls over the internet or over a local LAN?

Hello,

I have gone throught the network and it is clean. I have installed a softphone on the computer running VG7. When I use it to call I get the same results. I have switched ethernet cards and done everything I can think of to make sure the network is solid. The best description I have is it sounds like a lot of packet loss. Any other ideas on what to try?

Thanks

Randy

Sounds like there is some issue with the network drivers on this system. What other software is installed on this system apart from Windows, HMP and VoiceGuide?

We'd probably recommend reformating the hard drive, installing just Windows and then HMP and then VoiceGuide and then trying again.