VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Restart Of Voiceguide - Must Restart Dialogic

If I stop and restart VG, it no longer takes inbound calls or sends outbound calls. I must stop / start the Dialogic card and then restart VG for it to work.

Is this normal behavior?

Jeff

VoiceGuide can be restarted without restarting the Dialoigc card/service.

Not sure why you would be seeing this behavoiur.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test outbound call.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachment

Log files attached and are descrined as follows:

the log files prefixed with good- are when the stsrem allows calls to be received and sent

the log files prefxed with bad- are when I restarted VG (not the DiaLogic card) and I can not receive or send any calls

Another interesting thing, when VG is restarted (not the DiaLogic card) and I try an inbound call, I get the recording "All circuits are busy". If stop VG, restart the DiaLogic card, restart VG, everything is normal.

Jeff

logs.zip

The traces show that after VoiceGuide restart when the outgoing call is made the Dialogic drivers instantly return a 'Disconnected' response in reply to the outgoing call request.

No attempt is made by the Dialogic drivers to place the call on the T1 ISDN itself.

Which version of Dialogic System Release drivers is installed on this system?

If not the latest SR6.0 release then please update to the latest SR6.0 release first.

Another thing to try (after updating to latest SR6.0 release) is to try placing outgoing calls without editing the <ConfigLine><isdn><msgSetup> ConfigLine.xml section, or using the GC section to modify the outgoing SETUP message instead of using the CC section as you are using right now.

I am using 6.171 DiaLogic Drivers. I have not modified the configline file. I am using the ISDN sample ConfigLine file provided by VG

We had a closer look at the traces and we will provide within about 12 hours a version of VoiceGuide for you to test with which should hopefully be able to be restarted on this system without requiring a Dialogic drivers restart to continue operation.

Please update to this version:

[old link removed]

Please post traces as before if you still find that you require to restart the Dialogic service each time VoiceGuide is restarted.

Not it does not work at all. When dialing, the number appears in the line status monintor for about 1 second, then goes to the queue. It will not accept any inbound calls.

I used isdiag with the config changes previously mentiond and could make and receive calls

Logs are attached and I have included the config and configline files I am using. They are the ones provided by VG for ISDN lines.

If you need access to teh server, let me know

1028_logs.zip

The ISDIAG trace shows that the remote switch did not respond to any of the ISDN SETUP messages sent out by VoiceGuide.

Trace shows that the remote switch did not send any ISDN messages at all, not even the "Receive Ready" heartbeat messages that we can see sent back and forth on the ISDN line usually...

Were these traces taken immediately after a Dialogic driver restart?

Have you tried using ISDIAG in active (ie. not 'trace') mode to see if it can receive/make calls?

In the previous tests you did not edit the ConfigLine.xml <isdn><msgSetup> section (?). Lets leave the setting on <defsrc>NONE</defsrc> at this stage as before.

It would be best if you could do an ISDN trace capture of an incoming call. We can then see exactly what options are set on the remote switch.

Attached is the trace from placing and receiving calls using isdiag.

One thing I noticed is that as soon as I start VG, I lose the ISDN D channel (this is after the upgrade to 7.0.4). I think that is why the upgrade did not work and why the remote switch did not send any ISDN messages at all.

As to the config files, please forward to me any files you would like me to test. I am just uning the ones provided in the VG Config directory for ISDN. I am not making any changes

1028_isdiag.zip

Please try updating to this version:

[old link removed]

We cannot reproduce your particular setup in-house so we cannot test your scenario directly ourselves, but this new version adresses the new issues we can see in the provided traces.

I give up - Not with VG. This issue has to be because the DiaLogic span (multiple interface) cards are a bit diferent. The new build does not work. As soon I load a phone number, the isdiag screen shows a CCEV_TASKFAIL and the D channel drops. I have attached a trace log from isdiag.

I do notice that the configuration changes required fir the span cards to work (as listed in http://resource.dialogic.com/telecom/suppo...innt/tn356.htm) can be mostly configured

I am not sure where to go from here

log_1029.zip

The ISDIAG trace does show that there is no response from the remote Switch to the issued SETUP messages.

Could you please post the corresponding VoiceGuide traces?

That is because when I do load a number, the D channel immediately drops.

If i just use isdiag, I can make and receive calls no probnlems. I start VG, load numbger, the d channel drops - so of course ther will be no response from the switch

6.0.3377 works just fine - have uninstalled 6.0.3377 and reinstalled 7.0.4a and did the tests. All logs are attached (isdiag and VG)

When i do a load number, the D channgel drops

1029_3_logs.zip

Can we have a look at this machine using logmein.com/VNC/PCAnywhere or similar?

Please send login details to support@voiceguide.com

Please include a link to this thread in the email.

Have logged into the system and had a look at it. Ultimatley after a few different debugging attempts it appears that after making changes to ConfigLine.xml file MakeCallBlk definition we were able to place outgoing calls, then restart VG and place further outgoing calls without restarting Dialogic service.

Change made was on this line:

<cc_destination_number_type>EN_BLOC_NUMBER</cc_destination_number_type>

The ISDN layer reported that test destination number dialed was ringing on both occasions.

If you still encounter problems with using the system please provide a trace (bioh VG and ISDIAG) of an incoming call, or advise what number we can use to dial into this system.

We left the VG Service stopped (without restarting the Dialogic service). You shoud be able to start VG and load an outgoing call after VG service startup completes.

As part of the debugging the latest available version of VoiceGudie was installed. The install .exe was placed in your Downloads/VoiceGuide directory. (7.0.4d)