VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Record

Hi,

I want to let people call a number, the system answers the call and asks for some keys to be pushed.

If the user puches the asked key, I want to forward the call to an external phone number.

My question is : I would like to record the conversation during this communication, is it possible ? how can I implement such script ? please help ..

Tkx

MZ

This will soon be possible in v7 of VoiceGuide.

You will need to have a D/41JCT Dialogic card or better, or use a VoIP system to achieve this.

Dialogic D-41JCT-LS 4 port pci is this correct ?

You will need to have a D/41JCT Dialogic card or better, or use a VoIP system to achieve this.

Dear SupportTeam,

I am stuck with a problem that I don't seem to find the right answer anywhere.

I am sollicitating your 'word of wisdom' on the following issue.

I keep hope, that someone would know the answer on this forum.

Please let me try to explain:

I am trying to do phone voice recognition.

To do so, I am already using a D/4PCI card.

This PCI card is a 4 ports, analog line but it only support 11Khz, 8 bit, when recording wave/voice.

To do appropriate voice/speech recognition and voice/speech recording (without noises and static), I would need a card that do support 11Khz, 16 bit.

So I would need a much powerful voice/speech card that can gracefully manage or bring higher performance to do nice wave/speech recording.

On the market, I did find Dialogic cards such as: D/4PCIU4S, D/120JCT-LS, DI/0408LSW, DMV160LP cards.

The problem is:

A) The D/4PCIU4S seems to be a better card, but in the datasheet it says that it's an improvement in term of voice/speech recording over the 'old' D/4PCI card, but it does not mentionned anything saying that 11Khz, 16-bit is supported.

B) The D/120JCT-LS seems to be a good card, but is it better than the previous one, and again in the datasheet it says that it's an improvement in term of voice/speech recording over the 'old' D/4PCI card, but it does not mentionned anything saying that 11Khz, 16-bit is supported.

Also, it looks like I would need an 'adapter' since the default number of port is '6', and an adapter is required to reach the '16' ports.

C) The DI/0408LSW does look better in term of supporting 16-bit recording, but it is not Windows XP compatible, and has RJ-65 instead of the RJ-11

D) The DMV160LP card is a great card, but is about $3000 !!!. I can't affort this amount.

1) Which card among the ones mentionned above (or any other suggestions) would you recommend to achieve great voice/speech recording on a analog telephone line ?

2) Is there any other voice card beside the Dialogic cards, that provides better or good results for a cheaper price ?

Your help on this, will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gary.

The telephone networks themselves transmit sound with an 8 bit resolution, so it is sufficient to use 8 bits to accurately record the received signal without any information loss.

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com if you would like to deploy a speech recognition system.

1) Which card among the ones mentionned above (or any other suggestions) would you recommend to achieve great voice/speech recording on a analog telephone line ?

D/4PCIU4S, D/120JCT-LS, DMV160LP

2) Is there any other voice card beside the Dialogic cards, that provides better or good results for a cheaper price ?

You can try evaluating Donjin (www.donjin.com), but for speech recognition applications we'd recommend using Dialogic.

Dear SupportTeam,

Thank you very much for your explanation.

But I need to ask:

1) How come on the internet, some says that to do nice speech/voice recording over a telephone line (specially to do speech recognition after), a 11khz, 16 bit is required ?

This is odd considering what you mentionned as telephone network transmit on a 8-bit resolution.

Does this mean that even though I get a Dialogic card that support 16-bit (for instance the DMV160LP, compare to the D/4PCIU4S), I won't see or notice any difference ?

2) Since money matter, I would like to get the D/4PCIU4S (about $600), rather than the more expensive DMV160LP (about $3000).

Are they equivalent cards, even if the DMV160LP support 16-bit recording while the D/4PCIU4S does not ?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Gary

1) How come on the internet, some says that to do nice speech/voice recording over a telephone line (specially to do speech recognition after), a 11khz, 16 bit is required ?

You might want to ask them to justify their comments in view that overwhelming majority of phone calls are transmitted using coders with an 8 bit resolution.

Does this mean that even though I get a Dialogic card that support 16-bit (for instance the DMV160LP, compare to the D/4PCIU4S), I won't see or notice any difference ?

Dialogic will accept some 16 bit format and will internal convert them to a format that is essentially 8 bit resolution.

Are they equivalent cards, even if the DMV160LP support 16-bit recording while the D/4PCIU4S does not ?

DMV160LP has the ability to bridge calls, and has a CT-Bus interface.