VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Transfer H323 Gateway

Hi,

We have set up a voideguide 7 system with HMP 3 drivers.

We connect our Cisco callmanager with voiceguide by an H323 gateway. (See earlier post).

At the end of our script we want to make an call transfer by using the same gateway, this doesn't work.

(We don't hear anywhing at all).

Do I need to change the Intel configuration?

Tafelzeil.

Have you tried using a "Dial and Conference" transfer?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Attached trace does not show any transfer attempt.

Call goes through these modules:

[Welkom]

[invoeren psnummer]

[Play 20]

[send Email 2]

[Play 21]

[ophangen fout]

and then it hangs up...

your transfer module is: [doorverbinden], and it is not branched to at any stage during the captured trace.

It would not work anyway... For call transfers you should use a "Dial and Conference" type transfer. Hookflash transfers are only done on Analog lines.

I see that you are only running a single line evaluation HMP license at this stage. You will need to get the 4 line Evaluation HMP license (see the HMP Downloads page).

Sorry, forgot to add tge script.

Anyway, problem still exists, even after changing Transfer to 'Dial out and conference - Blind' and installing the demo license from intel.

See attachment.

Tafelzeil

Trace shows that module [doorverbinden receptie] is doing a: Blind Dial and Connect to 4083

As you are running a VoIP system the destination telephone number should be an IP address...

An outgoing VoIP call needs an IP address to dial. "4083" is not a valid IP address.

Are you transferring the call to another VoIP telephone/system? What is the IP address of that other telephone/system?

Indeed, the number 4083 is the internal voip phone number I would like the call to transfer to.

Situation:

The phonesystem is a Cisco Callmanager 4.1 VOIP system.

I use an H323 gateway to transfer calls at the Cisco Callmanager to the Voiceguide server. Internal number --> Ip address voiceguide server.

At the voiceguide server I then want to transfer a call to another phone trough to the callmanager by the same H323 gateway.

Trace shows that module [doorverbinden receptie] is doing a: Blind Dial and Connect to 4083

As you are running a VoIP system the destination telephone number should be an IP address...

An outgoing VoIP call needs an IP address to dial. "4083" is not a valid IP address.

Are you transferring the call to another VoIP telephone/system? What is the IP address of that other telephone/system?

Have you tried doing a Dial and Conference transfer to: 4083@a.b.c.d where "a.b.c.d" is the IP address of the Cisco Callmanager?

As a test, try using VG Dialer to place a call to 4083@a.b.c.d and see if the extension 4083 is ringing.

Hi,

I believe extension@ip address is for SIP not for h.323 or am I wrong?

I tried this in our roc-carolus script but same problem.

What is the VG Dialer, do you mean the 'Outound call loader'?

Jos

I believe extension@ip address is for SIP not for h.323 or am I wrong?

Think the IP address is still necessary, either to identify the destination directly or to indicate the gatekeeper (the Cisco in this case (?))

Will need to run some tests on this in our test lab an report back.

What is the VG Dialer, do you mean the 'Outound call loader'?

Yes.

Hi,

After playing with the VG dialer as you told, or after installing the license I now get the following error in the VGengine logfile.

115506.468 4 7 state [doorverbinden receptie] Blind Dial and Connect to 3598@10.167.0.11

115506.468 4 7 You must purchased the VG Dialer add-on to enable this feature.

Jos van de Hulsbeek

Looks like the license installed on this system does not include the 'Dialer'. The Dialer option is required for "Dial and Conference" transfers.

Ok thanks for the reply.

So I need an VG Dialer license just for transfering a call?

The feature list on voiceguide shows call transfer module is included in voiceguide professional so I don't get it.

Anyway, when I was using the trial license, call transfer as described in this topic also didn't work so hopefully you found a solution for this?

Jos

The "Dial and Conference" transfers which involve dialing out on another line and connecting the two calls require the Dialer. This is detailed on : http://www.voiceguide.com/vgFeatures.htm

In the Trial license there is a limit of 10 outbound calls after each restart, maybe that is the reason for the message. Could you please .ZIP up and attach the entire vgEngine trace for that day (capturing system startup and including the error displayed)

Ok thanks for reply.

What I meant to say is that I now have installed the license I got from voiceguide which gives me this error.

Before this I was using the trial without the license issues and did call tranfer also not work (As described in this topic).

Do you found a solution for this?

Jos