VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Speed Of Sapi 5 Text-to-speech

I'm running VG 5 Beta 19 Enterprise and the text-to-speech is very s--l--o--w. I'm only using the repeat back function in the get number and speak modules, so I'm not sure what software is responsible for that speech.

When it repeats back caller entered numbers the voice begins speaking almost immediately but it takes 2 to 3 times too long in between each character.

The speech voice is also very loud, even when the wav prompts that I have recorded are at a perfect level when played back.

I looked in the help file, but no luck. Is there a way you know of to speed it up?

If you are using the 'repeat back' function of the get numbers and Say Numbers module then the prompts used are pre-recorded ones - not computer generated TTS.

Are you using a Voice modem or a Dialogic card?

How are other sound files playing?

Can you try playing other sound files from the VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ directory and see how they play?

I suspect that maybe you have selected the wrong install mode and the wrong format sound files ended up getting installed in \system\voice\

I looked at the properties for the wav files in the directory you listed and they are in the proper format 11.025 khz 8bit mono for my D/4PCI card. Also, the VG trace log indicates that the files all play properly.

All of the wav files I've recorded play quickly, so I tried re-recording the number prompts with Cool Edit Pro Software, and it corrected the problem. My files are 50% to 65% the KB size of the prompts that came with Voiceguide - I guess that's the difference. I posted my solution in case somebody else has a similar problem.

Could you perhaps zip up some of your new files and post them here? We'll have a look at what the differences are...