VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Setting Up Vg 7

Hello Support,

I downloaded the trial version for VG7 (not installed yet, since HMP needs to be running first) - thanks for the link!

I also downloaded and installed HMP 3.0 build 153 in a Windows XP SP2 box with 768 MB Ram, and downloaded and applied the four-port trial with a demo license. I followed the DCM instructions provided by HMP License manager in order to enable the trial appication, all said and done, the DCM states that "System Status : Stopped". When I invoke "Start System" I get the following error:

---------------------------

Dialogic® product Configuration Manager

Error starting Dialogic® product service

OK

Is it possible that the licensing keys are bad? I realize that the error does not come from VG7, but, I wondered if you have seen this error during the VG7 test cycle or from other users, I could not find an existing posting on the VG support forum.

Btw, I posted the issue at the Dialogic's support forum (pending response), any leads would be appreciated?

Thanks in advanced,

Ralph

Not sure why the HMP itself would not start. We have not seen many instances of that.

The Dialogic Forum is probably the best place to ask questions relating to this issue.

What is the link to the thread on the Dialogic Support Forum in which you posted your question?

Not sure why the HMP itself would not start. We have not seen many instances of that.

The Dialogic Forum is probably the best place to ask questions relating to this issue.

What is the link to the thread on the Dialogic Support Forum in which you posted your question?

Here is the link ou requested; http://www.dialogic.com/forums/forums/thre...;mid=5614#M5614

Btw, a Dialogic employee contacted me directly, and mentioned that they had similar issues about a year ago. Then the issue spurred from bad licensing keys, they will be investigating the incident I reported and will be posting their findings/updates via the link provided above. I will update this forum thread if I get additional information sent to me directly by the support team at Dialogic.

Pitty, because I was looking forward to taking a peek at VG 7..:(

Ralph

The Windows' Event Viewer applet may also give more information as to why the HMP failed to start.

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

The Windows' Event Viewer applet may also give more information as to why the HMP failed to start.

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

I did look at the Event Viewer under the Sysem node when the problem first appeared however the jibrish that the event viewer spewed out was fairly cryptic (some reg like numbering gunk on the Dlgc_log entry)

The odd thing is that today I rebooted the system (as I did when I was troubleshooting the initial incident) and the darn thing (HMP) started without a hitch...:) but I will monitor the system closely so that I can get meaningful system level information if I get a repro.

If the problems appear again it may be a good idea to detail the Event Viewer errors listed in that log. That information should assist Dialogic in determining what happened.

This is an update to the HMP related issue while using VG 7; where the HMP service fails to start - "Error starting Dialogic® product service".

I contacted (phoned in) the Dialogic Support team, and we parsed over the event logs and tried a few work arounds (i.e.: disabling devices who's mac address showed up in the HMP license manager, such as a 1394 device), confirming that the license is not expired, etc. but to no avail.

The Dialogic support team wanted to investigate/research the issue further and so they committed to follow up later via email. Their email arrived timely, the Dialogic's support team feedback was that the 4 port evaluation license downloaded from their web site may not be reliable. At least at this point, I could not get a commitment from Dialogic to fix for this. They recommend using the 1 port eval license that comes with the release. I tried this option, the 1 port license that comes with the release yields the same error. The email from Dialogic also mentions (rather punts) that the evaluation version should be supported by an Authorized Dealer. IMO, I find rather odd that Dialogic would not support their evaluation product especially since it is being distributed directly from their site. :huh:

To be clear the issue here is not VG 7, but the Dialogic's HMP stack which is supported by VG 7. I am updating this thread for the benefit of VG 7 users (like myself) who are looking to interface VG 7 with HMP.

VG Support Team - given Dialogic's support stance could you please re-confirm if there are any plans to widen VG's HMP stack support to include HMP solutions from Aculab and/or Uniqall Gridborg.

Thanks,

Ralph

We have the HMP running here on a number of test machines here with no issues.

We have had reports from other users of systems on which HMP would not work correctly. It seems to have something to do with APIC timers...

Is the system using an Intel CPU? Which CPU and Motherboard are you using on this problem system?

Probably the best next step is to try to install the HMP on another system.

We'd recommend running the HMP on a DELL, HP or IBM server grade machine.

We have had reports from other users of systems on which HMP would not work correctly. It seems to have something to do with APIC timers...

During the last HMP install, I did receive an error: "The local APIC timer is incompatible with this release", according to Dialogic's documentation, this error would pose a problem if you are running several lines (which I am not), as performace would degrade. From what I understood such error shouldn't stop DCM from starting. I am on standby as I will be conf calling with one of Dialogic's FAE to look further into my incident.

Is the system using an Intel CPU? Which CPU and Motherboard are you using on this problem system?

Yep, a P4 3.0 GHz. As for the mobo, it's from EliteGroup - and yes, I realize the mobo is not the Ferrari from the many mobo manufactures, but hey seems to be working so far...

We'd recommend running the HMP on a DELL, HP or IBM server grade machine.

For those of us who like to put together our own server instead of buying one, Is there an specific motherboard manufacturer (eg: Asus, Abit, Gigabyte) you had good experiences with VG 7 and HMP?

Also, could you please confirm if there are any plans to widen VG's HMP stack support to include HMP solutions from Aculab and/or Uniqall Gridborg?

Is there an specific motherboard manufacturer (eg: Asus, Abit, Gigabyte) you had good experiences with VG 7 and HMP?

We use ASUS and Gigabyte in the non-brand name development & test machines that we use, and have never had the type of problem that you and a few other users have ran into with Dialogic HMP, so we'd have a high degree of confidence that using a higher end motherboard from one of those manufacturers along with a recent release higher end Intel CPU should result in a working platform.

Cannot comment on any future plans. Answers on this forum are restricted to support for existing products.