VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can't Start Vg7 - 401 Unauthorized VoIP response

I am using the trial version of VG7 VOIP/SIP. I downloaded updated versions of Vg and Dialogic, but i cant seem to connect it to the server. I followed the packets on wireshark and no matter how i set up my config.xml im always seeing this:

REQUEST: REGISTER SIP:VOIP.ALOHATONE.COM; TTL=10

X-Lite Softphone works ok outgoing/incoming

I tried 2 other VOIP Ivr softwares and they connect just fine.

is it something with my configuration? No firewall/NAT between. Just straight to my cable modem.

Attached is config.xml and all log files

Log_Config.zip

Thank you for supplying the traces.

There is a later version of VoiceGuide available then the one that is currently installed on your system . Please download it from our WWW.

Please backup your scripts and config files and then uninstall VoiceGuide and delete any .DLL and .EXE files in VG's main directory if any are left after uninstall. (some files may be left if the VoiceGuide service did not stop properly during uninstall or if any of the VoiceGuide applications were running).

Then you may also need to delete the vgServices.dll from the GAC:

Go to C:\Windows\Assembly folder in Windows Explorer then right click on vgServices object and select 'uninstall'.

After doing the above please install the new version available from our WWW.

Please also see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...IP_Register.htm for samples of specifying the VoIP_Registrationsand VoIP_Authentications sections in Config.xml

Please let us know if you continue having problems (please provide traces from latest version as well).

Uninstalled vgservices.dll and Installed 7.0.3 and the same error on wireshark showed up (401 unauthorized). Can't dial in or out. Softphone works. Other generic IVR software works. What does this mean? Does this error have something to do with how I setup the config.xml? Right now im in the process of testing every possible variation...

attached are the log/config files for the previous and new version of VG.

Thanks

Log_Config.zip

Looks like the voip.alohatone.com service asks for authorization for the "asterisk" domain, not for the "voip.alohatone.com" domain/realm... and VoiceGuide did not have a authentication definition for the "asterisk" domain.

We see this a fair bit when registering with Asterisk based switches.

Changing the authentication Domain (Realm) to "asterisk" lets VoiceGuide find the corresponding authentication entry and VoiceGuide will then send a registration response which uses that authentication entry.

Below settings work on our test setup. WireShark trace which shows it working is attached as well (except that it fails authentication in the end as "password" should probably be set to something else...)

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>FWD line</Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>voip.alohatone.com</RegServer>

<RegClient>2730@voip.alohatone.com</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>2730@10.1.1.9</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Display>voip.alohatone.com line</Display>