VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Running Voice Guide From A Vba Application

I would like to know if it is possible to run VoiceGuide from a VBA application in MS Excel. If this is possible, what would the VBA call look like?

What are you trying to actually achieve?

It is possible to access VoiceGuide's COM interface from VBA.

What are you trying to actually achieve?

It is possible to access VoiceGuide's COM interface from VBA.

I have a list of customers that are waiting for a table (in a restaurant). I am using Excel to store their cell phone numbers (plus other data - arrival time, name, etc) and would like to dial their phone number and then play a wav file when their table is ready. Using Excel is convenient because I can click on a cell and then have this run a VBA program (that could launch VoiceGuide).

Sounds like what you want to do is to just instruct VoiceGuide to make an outgoing call.

This can be easily done from a VBA application.

Please see this VoiceGuide COM function: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tdialqueadd.htm

You can use the COM function from VBA, much like the sample shown there.

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but where (and how) does one execute a COM function? Do I execute them from the Command Prompt?

Any program or VBScript can create a COM object and call the COM object's functions.

VBScript based examples are supplied in the Help file. eg: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tdialqueadd.htm

The code supplied in that example can be used directly in VBA. (VBA is pretty much the same as VBScript)

I'm getting a "Run-time error 91" when executing the example code. Could there be a compatibility problem with Excel 2000 or might I have some other problem?

Can you run the sample code by saving it in .vbs file and running that .vbs file by just double clicking on it?

Can you run the sample code by saving it in .vbs file and running that .vbs file by just double clicking on it?

No, I cannot because VBA apps must run within their own environment, in this case, Excel.

Just as a test to confirm that creation of COM components works on your system from VBScript.

Are you using any Anti-Virus programs which block VBScripts?

I am able to run the sample code as a .vbs file; however, I get an error every time that I run it. I have tried changing the "5551234" to my cell phone number, but this also gets to a phone company error message. Any ideas as to what I should try next?

Sound like the system is making an outgoing call then, but the phone company is not connecting the call (?)

What is the phone company error message?

Sound like the system is making an outgoing call then, but the phone company is not connecting the call (?)

What is the phone company error message?

The message is: "It is not necessary to dial a one when dialing this number." I'm not sure why the software is dialing a one. I have tried using the form shown in the example, "0,5551234" and I tried it without the 0, "5551234". Can you tell me the syntax for sPhoneNumber.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

Then restart VG and load a new call into the system.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VBA script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.