VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic D/4pciuf Can't Properties Work In Win2k

For my case, I have install the Dialogic D/4PCIUF in IBM A52 PC c/w Win2k SP4, after install drive SR511ALL, SR511SP & D4PCIU, after reboot the machine, in the device manager show as question mark of the D/4PCIU card, but in the Intel dialogic configuration manager show the D/4PCIU is running status.

After, I uninstall the driver and reboot the machine, then install the drive SR511ALL with SR511FP1, but it's same as previous case.

I don't know, what's problem in my system or the new version Dialogic D/4PCIUF can't run in Win2k c/w SP4?

Thanks any one for advice me.

?action=view¤t=DialogicConfigManagerOK.jpg?action=view¤t=D4PCIdriverunknow.jpg

D4PCI_driver_unknow.bmp

Dialogic_Config_Manager_OK.bmp

the device manager show as question mark of the D/4PCIU card, but in the Intel dialogic configuration manager show the D/4PCIU is running status

That probably means that all is fine. You can ignore the questions mark in the Windows' Device Manager. If the DCM shows the service is started then that's all that maters.

You can test that the card answers calls correctly and can play sound files using Dialogic's "Voice Horoscope" test application.

If the "Voice Horoscope" test application works (answers call and plays sound file) then this means that the card has been setup properly.

the device manager show as question mark of the D/4PCIU card, but in the Intel dialogic configuration manager show the D/4PCIU is running status

That probably means that all is fine. You can ignore the questions mark in the Windows' Device Manager. If the DCM shows the service is started then that's all that maters.

You can test that the card answers calls correctly and can play sound files using Dialogic's "Voice Horoscope" test application.

If the "Voice Horoscope" test application works (answers call and plays sound file) then this means that the card has been setup properly.

Thanks a lot. Can you have more exposition for the D/4PCIU shown as question mark in Window device manager? its the Dialogic drive does not have registration in MS? is that ture?

From http://resource.dialogic.com/telecom/suppo...ase_update.html :

Installation of a Dialogic PCI board using the NULL inf file (For Win2000 based systems only):

The following explains the steps to install a PCI board with a NULL inf file. Windows 2000 uses inf files in order to correlate a device it finds while scanning the PCI bus with a driver binary file that would be loaded for the scanned device. The following steps need only be followed for Windows 2000-based systems that are installed with a system release which does not include full Plug and Play supported drivers. For such systems a NULL inf file was created. The purpose of the NULL inf file is to simply make the system aware of the name of the Dialogic board and its the manufacturer. This is used to keep track of the device in the device manager and to save the user from having to cancel the add hardware wizard which would appear at every reboot as long as the system is not supplied with an inf file.

Insert the dialogic PCI board following the instructions in the hardware quick install card.

Reboot the system and log on. After the login is completed, the system automatically detects the presence of the Dialogic card and starts the "Found new hardware wizard". The purpose of the wizard is to give a chance to the user to direct the system towards the inf file for the new hardware that was just added.

Click Next on the Welcome dialog box.

A dialog box appears entitled "Install Hardware Device Drivers" that requests the user to make a choice in the way the driver would be located. Select the radio button "Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended)". Click Next.

A dialog box entitled "Locate Driver files" appears which has a series of check boxes. Check the box next to "Specify a location". Click Next.

Click on the Browse button and point to dialogic\drvr directory under the installation directory. Press OK.

In the next dialog box entitled "Driver Files Search results" verify that the file "dlgcdm3_nt4.inf" for DM3 boards or "dlgcsram_nt4.inf" for SpringWare boards was found by Windows as a driver for device.

The next dialog box is entitled "Completing the Found New Hardware Wizard" and it displays the name of the dialog board that it finished installing. Make sure that the correct name appears. Click Finish. This finishes the installation of this board.

Please refer to the following technote for information regarding any PCI board seeing "Found New Hardware Wizard" in Windows 2000. i.e. CP Fax boards: http://resource.dialogic.com/telecom/suppo.../2000/tn011.htm - The "Found New Hardware Wizard" in Windows* 2000 Does Not Properly Recognize Some PCI Intel® Dialogic® Boards.

The dlgcsram_nt4.inf file should be in the c:\program_files\dialogic\drvr\ directory.

In SR5.x having a yellow mark against the Dialogic card in the Windows Device Manager does not affect Dialogic card operation. It just indicates that the SR5.x drivers are not "Plug and Play".

Here is another way to install the 'Null Drivers':

After restarting the system will automatically detect the presence of the Dialogic card, the "Found New Hardware" wizard will open up. The purpose of the wizard is to permit the user to direct the operating system to the .inf file for the new hardware that was being added.

Click "Next" on the "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog box.

The next dialog will be titled "Install Hardware Device Drivers" which request the user to make a choice in the way the driver would be located. Select the radio button "Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended)" then click "Next".

A dialog box titled "Locate Driver Files" appears which has a series of check boxes. Check the box next to "Specify a location". Click "Next".

Click "Browse" button and point to dialogic\drvr directory, then click OK.

In the next dialog box titled "Driver Files Search results" verify that the file "dlgcsram_nt4.inf" or the file "dlgcdm3_nt4.inf" was found by Windows as a driver for the new device. If these files aren't available in that directory you can download them by clicking on the appropriate file name below:

dlgcsram_nt4.inf - Use this for Springware cards such as D/4PCI or D/120JCT-LS

dlgcdm3_nt4.inf - Use this one for DM3 cards such as DM/V960A4T1-PCI

The next dialog is entitled "Completing the Found New Hardware Wizard" and it displays the name of the Dialogic board that it finished installing. Make sure that the correct name appears. Click "Finish".

Dummy_Device_Manager_Drivers.zip

Here is another way to install the 'Null Drivers':

After restarting the system will automatically detect the presence of the Dialogic card, the "Found New Hardware" wizard will open up. The purpose of the wizard is to permit the user to direct the operating system to the .inf file for the new hardware that was being added.

Click "Next" on the "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog box.

The next dialog will be titled "Install Hardware Device Drivers" which request the user to make a choice in the way the driver would be located. Select the radio button "Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended)" then click "Next".

A dialog box titled "Locate Driver Files" appears which has a series of check boxes. Check the box next to "Specify a location". Click "Next".

Click "Browse" button and point to dialogic\drvr directory, then click OK.

In the next dialog box titled "Driver Files Search results" verify that the file "dlgcsram_nt4.inf" or the file "dlgcdm3_nt4.inf" was found by Windows as a driver for the new device. If these files aren't available in that directory you can download them by clicking on the appropriate file name below:

dlgcsram_nt4.inf - Use this for Springware cards such as D/4PCI or D/120JCT-LS

dlgcdm3_nt4.inf - Use this one for DM3 cards such as DM/V960A4T1-PCI

The next dialog is entitled "Completing the Found New Hardware Wizard" and it displays the name of the Dialogic board that it finished installing. Make sure that the correct name appears. Click "Finish".

Thanks for you’re fully support, you’re very helpful. In previous, I have also try the two INF file, but it can't work in my case, if the window under plug & plug function, so can I disable the BIOS plug & plug setting? Anyway I will try again....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: