VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Upgrade - Audio Quality Issues

Hi,

We have upgraded a couple of systems from VG for Dialogic Version 6.0.3179 to Version 6.0.3361 and noticed a significant drop in the audio quality including the addition of hissing and background noise that does not appear on the WAV file.

Could this be due to the use of the WAV file as opposed to generating a VOX file?

We have used the new version of VG to play VOX files created from older versions and the audio quality is much better. How do we get a better audio quality on this latest version? If we cant, is it possible to roll back to a previous version?

What is the format of the source .WAV sound files which you are using? Can you .ZIP up and post one of the .WAV files which you are using?

The latest versions of v6 do not generate the intermediate .VOX file, but in our testing this did not result in any discernible differences in playback quality when .WAV files were used directly for playback.

VOX files can still be played in newest v6 release, so you could use .VOX format for the system prompts if you find these work better for you.

v7 of VoiceGuide does have better sound quality (play and record) then v6 due to use of A-Law or u-Law sound files in v7, rather then the PCM encoded .WAV files used in v6.

The format of the WAV file is 8000Hz, 16 bit, mono. And is attached for your listening pleasure. I used Adobe Audition to convert this sample to a Dialogic ADPCM format (*.vox) and tested it and it sounded good. Its the WAV file that is causing me grief.

Using 11025Hz 8bit Mono for Dialogic (as reccomended here http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?sho...=audio+quality) does not work for me as it just plays silence (either that or the file is playing so slow I didnt wait long enough to hear any noise) so I have used 8000Hz which works fine on previous versions of VG.

Open to any suggestions at this stage. The VOX file is a possibility and has been tested as working well.

You suggested the possibility of using v7 of VoiceGuide due to its better sound quality. Is this Software compatible with a Dialogic solution? I assumed I should be using VG for Dialogic given I am using a Dialogic card.

business_hours.zip

Thanks for the WAV file. We will run some tests on systems in our test lab and report back.

v7 does work with Dialogic cards. Just select "Dialogic - traditional Dialogic cards" when installing.

v7 is the recommended version for Dialogic cards, it supersedes v6.

You should be able to install v7 in parallel with v6 - without uninstalling v6 to install v7. This will let you compare sound quality from one version to another just by stopping one version and starting another.

To take advantage of the improved sound quality in v7 the .WAV files would need to be in A-Law or u-Law format.