VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg 7 Upgrade & Vista

I am running a PC on Win XP SP2, Dialogic D/4PCIU board, DCM SR6.0PCI and VoiceGuide 6.0.3243

Q1) If I upgrade to VG 7.0.2, do I need to change / upgrade any other components to work with the new version ?

Q2) I am looking into replacing the current PC used to run VG with a new PC. The new PC will be supplied with Windows Vista, not XP, as the operating system. Has VG 7.0.2 been tested / approved to run on Vista ?

Thanks

Q1) If I upgrade to VG 7.0.2, do I need to change / upgrade any other components to work with the new version ?

\No need to upgrade Windows or SR/Dialogic. Just install the new version of VoiceGuide.

You should even be able to install the new version of VoiceGuide without uninstalling v6. (Just stop v6 before installing v7).

This will let you run version 7 and version 6 side by side.

OK, good to know, thanks.

I went to the download page but it requires me to fill in generic download form data - I already have a licensed version of VG, so is this the correct method to upgrade / download the new version ?

And will VG 7.0.2 run on Windows Vista ??

Yes. To download VoiceGuide just fill out the form and provide the name/email/etc. Download link will be sent to your email address.

There is no special 'upgrade' version. You need to download the main distribution.

The Dialogic drivers are not certified for Vista at this stage, so at this stage Vista is not officially supported.

Just want to make sure I understand the situ correctly:

In VG 7.0.2 the Dialogic drivers are tested and supported on XP, but not Vista.

Is that correct ?

If so, when will VG be supported on Vista ?

It is not that easy to find a new PC without Vista pre installed, and the current PC that my company uses to run VG on will need replacing at some point in the next 2-3 months. But I do not want to run an un-supported configuration, as we rely on VG heavily.

Thanks

HK

It's the Dialogic System Release Drivers that are not certified on Vista.

Until they are certified on Vista it is not advisable to try to install a Dialogic card in a Vista system.