VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Not Answering

I am using the following setup:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Dialogic D/4PCIU card

Dialogic 6.0 PCI software

VoiceGuide for Dialogic v6.0.3356 software

I am testing this setup at my house, so the analog lines going to the Dialogic card are not isolated (we have phone lines running all over the house), and I do have DSL (which I disconnected for some of the tests - I don't know if this makes a difference). The other thing is that I have 2 cell phones which I am using to call in to the Dialogic card.

I did not modify the default configuration for the DCM after the Dialogic software was intalled. The card showed up correctly in the DCM and the status showed that it was running. I also stopped the service and ran the Universal Dialog Diagnostics - all the tests passed and the card checked out ok. I tried every demo that was available from Dialogic (3-4 answer demos, and the voicedemo) and none of them answered (or even acknowledged) incoming calls. I ran the VoiceGuide software (with the default Credit Card demo) and called in, and also got no answer or acknowledgment. I have attached the VoiceGuide log file for one of the calls, as well as a screenshot of the DCM app showing that the card is running.

Would it be worth it to try the older version of the Dialogic software (SR5.1.1)?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Robert

post-2704-1187884944_thumb.jpg

0823vgm.txt

I tried every demo that was available from Dialogic (3-4 answer demos, and the voicedemo) and none of them answered (or even acknowledged) incoming calls.

If Dialogic's own sample and demo programs are not answering incoming calls then it means that either the card is faulty or the telephone cable wiring is faulty.

To test the wiring just connect a telephone handset to the end of the cable that would otherwise be plugged into the Dialogic card and dial the number. If the telephone rings then that would confirm the wiring is fine and that the Dialogic card is faulty.

I tried every demo that was available from Dialogic (3-4 answer demos, and the voicedemo) and none of them answered (or even acknowledged) incoming calls.

If Dialogic's own sample and demo programs are not answering incoming calls then it means that either the card is faulty or the telephone cable wiring is faulty.

To test the wiring just connect a telephone handset to the end of the cable that would otherwise be plugged into the Dialogic card and dial the number. If the telephone rings then that would confirm the wiring is fine and that the Dialogic card is faulty.

I finally tried another phone cable and everything works now. I plugged a phone to the bad cable originally to make sure the phone cable was ok, and the phone worked - just not sure why it didn't work with the dialogic card. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Robert