VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg 7.0.2 Stopped Working

VG stopped working after one of the restarts (stop -> start from the tray). The log now has this additional line:

131148.730 5 0 LineOpen iptB1T1,dxxxB1C1,ipmB1C1 => [ERROR gc_OpenEx(:P_IP:N_iptB1T1:M_ipmB1C1:V_dxxxB1C1) error (opening ip line)]

131149.434 5 ERROR 7.0.2781.33641 OpenChannels ktTel_LineOpen loop : Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at gc_OpenEx(Int32* , SByte* , Int32 , Void* )

at TelDriver_LineOpen(SByte* zsResult, SByte* strDevice_Voice, SByte* strDevice_Network, SByte* strDevice_Media, SByte* strProtocol, SByte* strOptions, Int32 lOptions)

at ktTelDialogicHMP30.CTelDialogic.LineOpen(String strDxxx, String strDti, String strDevice_Media, String strProtocol, String strOptions, Int32 lOptions)

at ..()

Reinstalled VG twice (with restarts and deletion of the folder). Restarted the HMP services several times also- to no avail...

Killed all tasks and reinstalled the HMP drivers and VG (with restarts) again. HMP seems to be functioning alright (i.e. nothing out of the ordinary in the event logs), but VG is still not working (the error, plus it's not "picking up" anymore).

Attached the logs...

Can we have a look at this machine?

Can you setup access to this machine using the logmein.com service? We can then see what is happening.

Could you also try uninstalling the current version you have installed and install the latest version which can right now be downloaded from here: [old link removed]

Reinstalled VG using the new version and that fixed it. Thanks!!

Here are the logs from the new version, if you are interested (there are still some errors, but it's working fine)...

Now I have another problem with the new version... Now, when my VB Script and wave associated with it finish, it goes into "infinity"- doesn't do anything. Here is what the log says about it:

184529.621 4 3 wait till WAV finished (runwait=2) then goto [] (idx=0)

I've attached a full log running off of the test script (I even replaced the wave files with the ones provided with VG). You can see that it stays on indefinitely until the "user" disconnects.

BTW, the success path is there:

on {success} goto [Get PIN]

on {fail} goto [Transfer Call to Agent]

on {timeout 20} goto [Transfer Call to Agent]

...and it worked previously.

Now, when my VB Script and wave associated with it finish, it goes into "infinity"- doesn't do anything.

Can't see from the traces why this is happening. The version specified below has some extra debugging which should show us what is happening.

Could you also try uninstalling the current version you have installed and install the latest version which can right now be downloaded from here: [old link removed]

Please post the traces from this new version.

Worked first time, but after I stopped and started the process again, it started "going into infinity" just as before.

123607.746 14 0 cl Run_ResultReturn [success]

123607.762 14 0 cl Run_ResultReturn iVgsIdx=0. Ignoring returned information

123607.934 4 3 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

123607.934 4 3 ScriptEventCode EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE, code=9007, state=1501

123607.934 4 3 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

123607.949 4 3 Process.HasExited error when test (Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.). Assume completed.

123607.949 4 3 task completed. vgm=6, iRunWait=2, iRunWait_ExeResult_NextVgm=0

123607.949 4 3 wait till WAV finished (runwait=2) next module undefined (idx=0)

123608.950 9 3 ev PlayEnd 3 601890

123608.950 9 3 play end id=601890, (current ID)

123608.950 9 3 ScriptEventCode EV_PLAY_FINISHED, code=8001, state=1501

123608.950 9 3 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_PLAY_FINISHED

123608.950 9 3 ev Dialogic 129,TDX_PLAY,601890,0,0,,,

123608.950 9 3 ScriptEventCode TDX_PLAY, code=129, state=1501

123608.950 9 3 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_UNKNOWN_129

Another uninstall/install did not help either. Same thing: "next module undefined".

FYI, if I change the script to "VbsWait=1" (wait for script only, not sound), then it doesn't "hang", but actually goes through the fail pass (which is also bad).

141652.247 14 0 cl Run_ResultReturn [success]

141652.247 14 0 cl Run_ResultReturn iVgsIdx=0. Ignoring returned information

141652.544 4 3 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

141652.544 4 3 ScriptEventCode EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE, code=9007, state=1501

141652.544 4 3 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

141652.560 4 3 Process.HasExited error when test (Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.). Assume completed.

141652.560 4 3 task completed. vgm=6, iRunWait=1, iRunWait_ExeResult_NextVgm=0

141652.560 4 3 no result file returned from program (VGRUNRESULT_3.TXT or SHLRESLT.TXT)

141652.560 4 3 task completed LsRunWaitChooseNext iNextVgm=3

141652.560 4 3 RunModule vgm=3

141652.560 4 3 timer clear (force=False)

141652.560 4 3 fn RunModule start [Play,[Transfer Call to Agent],3]

Please advise...

Here it is... As you can see it does

Run_ResultReturn [success]
, but still goes through the fail path... Why is that??

Here is another one. Now it "went to infinity" again, not even the fail path...

After close inspection of the traces it looks like in the Run_ResultReturn COM function called from within the VBScript module is not specifying the correct iLineID
A LineID of 0 is returned in the Run_ResultReturn call.

This is what was causing VoiceGuide to not know what path to take next - the result was not returned from the task.

Please fix the VBScript to return a valid LineID - you should then see the script behave as you intend. If you are having problems with the script please post the script here and we can take a look at it.

This new version now better handles this script error condition by going down the fail path, or hanging up the call if fail path is not defined : [old link removed]

The new version still goes into infinity, but replacing the line number (had 0s and iLineID) to $RV_LINEID seems to work.

Thanks!

Just as my very first post- VG somehow got corrupt again and is doing "Attempted to read or write protected memory."

The log is attached...

Do you get this error on startup every time VoiceGuide restart is made?

Have you tried restarting the HMP service using the Dialogic configuration manager?

If you get this error on startup then perhaps there was a problem with HMP not reacting well to VoiceGuide shutdown last time VG was closed.

Do you know how to reliably reproduce this startup error?

This time around restarting the HMP service and VG after that helped (3rd time)... Sometimes (2nd time) it requires a complete reinstall of VG... Sometimes (1st time) only the release of the new version helped.

This occurs absolutely randomly, but always after an Nth restart.

If this error happens again could you please post a screenshot of the error that you can see along with the VoiceGuide traces, and indicate when the error occurred (at startup, during a call, while idle etc.).

The traces are attached in my previous post. There is no error, but once VG starts it doesn't pickup any calls (which can be seen through the trace- it's unable to connect to the "channels")... So I guess you can say that it occurs at startup.

Like I said before- I got it working again, but if (when??) it stops working I will post everything I can (including steps I took to get it to work again, if I can fix it at that time too).

Also, the infinity problem still occurs at times. I have to restart the service and that seems to help...

My only hope that neither of the problems will occur in our production environment and place as many monitoring procedures as I possibly can.

There is no error, but once VG starts it doesn't pickup any calls (which can be seen through the trace- it's unable to connect to the "channels")

Please post the traces (including the "_ktTel.txt" trace) capturing any startup and the incoming calls.

Also, the infinity problem still occurs at times.

Restarting the service should not have any effect on the script interpreter itself which is what is responsible for determining timeouts etc.