VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Polling Voicemail And Forwarding Messages?

Is there a way to have VoiceGuide poll specific voicemail boxes or detect new messages and then forward a call to alert that a message has been received? Thanks for any help.

Ron

Various forwarding options are available, Voicemail messages can be forwarded by:

1. Email,

2. To another phone number,

3. Pager,

4. Copied to another voicemail box

5. Copied to a broadcast list.

All these can be edited on a per-voicemail-box basis using the VoiceGuide Voicemail Manager.

Okay, I must be thick because I cannot find any options that allow the detection of new voicemail messages so I can create a forwarding script.

Can you give me an example, say, if VoiceMailbox 0007 receives a new message whereby it will be automatically forwarded to phone number X to notify the receiver of a new message?

Thanks for your help.

Have you looked at the Voicemail Manager application?

Please read the Help file's section on the "Voicemail System Manager"

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

I'm using version 4.8.45. I have used the System Manager and assigned a forwarding number to VoiceMailbox 0007. When I call from another line and leave a message to that box, it records the message, but does not forward a call to the number assigned after I hang up.

Yes, I have read the help files, and have found nothing regarding forwarding other than while callers are still on the line.

I need a message forwarded automatically to a number after callers have left a message. I don't need the message sent, just a notification of a message being received.

Like I said, I may be thick, but I see nothing in the help file regarding automatically forwarding message notifications, not have I been able to figure out a workaround.

Thanks for your help.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem (incoming call + some time afterwards), this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

If you are evaluatting the software, I'd recommend downloading and trying out the v5.0 Beta release - it has a few more options then v4.8

I'm running VgMulti.exe as a service, is that where I get the debug information? Will it hurt anything for me to try opening two instances of it?

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your help.

in VG.INI file, section [TraceLog] please set the LogToFile entry to 1 :

[TraceLog]

LogToFile=1

The log file will be created in C:\ and will be called C:\VoiceGuideLogMMDD.txt