VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Detecting Disconnect Tones

I have VoiceGuide set up on a PBX that is not able to send me a Loop Current Drop so I have been trying to get it to recognize disconnect tones. The PBX is able to send me a tone on hangup, which I recorded and analyzed. I added what I thought were the correct settings into the ConfigLine.xml file but nothing seems to be happening. Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong? I have included a copy of the disconnect tone. Also, below are the settings that I added to the xml file.

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>367</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>453</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>50</Freq2Dev>

<On>200</On>

<OnDev>0</OnDev>

<Off>0</Off>

<OffDev>0</OffDev>

<Count>0</Count>

</Tone>

DialTone.wav

Attached .WAV file contains a recording of a tone comprised of 350Hz and 440Hz frequencies, and lasting about 9.5 seconds.

This is not usually what a Disconnect tone sounds like.

Can you please make a recording by setting up a script which just uses a single Record module, then dial into the system and say something and then just hangup. The record module will record what is said and then record what tone (if any) was played after the caller hung up. Please post that recording.

That is the correct tone that I am being sent. Do I have the configuration incorrect?

It's the Dialogic card that does the tone detection. The ConfigLine.xml settings are loaded into the Dialogic card.

Looks like the Dialogic card did not detect any tone which would match what was described in the configuration...

First we'd recommend to record exactly what the Dialogic card hears when the call is ended.

Using a record module in a VoiceGuide script. Just start recording, say a few words and then hangup. Let the recording continue till it times out or is more then about 30 seconds. Post the resulting file here and we can then see what the Dialogic card hears when call ends.

Next thing to check would be whether the Dialogic card is having the disconnect tone settings assigned properly.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which capture VoiceGuide startup.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Which Dialogic card and System Release drivers are used on this system?

I ran the PBXpert in Dialogic 6 and it auto detected all of the PBX tones. Worked Great. So next time somebody has this problem, you can tell them to give that a shot!

Did the PBXpert create a .TSF file which you then selected to be used in the Dialogic Configuration Manager?

Would it be possible for you to post the the .TSF file created by PBXpert ?