VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D4pci Configuration

What configuration is required, if any, of the D4PCI card for it to work correctly.

Does the country need to be set or can this be left as US ?

detailed install-instruction can be found in voiceguide helpfiles.

in download section you'll find the links to official drivers

Thanks...

I've followed these instructions and nothing was mentioned of the country setting...

Henry

p.s. Was that a yes or a no ?

The Country setting should be set to the correct country (in this case Australia).

You should also set the correct Parameter file - I think from memory for a D4PCI card used in Australia this parameter file is "au_41d.prm" - this should be all documented in Dialogic release/installation notes - for assistance with setting these parameters you should contact the Dialogic distributor from which this card was purchased - they should know exactly which parameter file should be used with the card they have supplied.

The VocieGuide Help file covers how to install the TAPI/Wave drivers - it does not cover how the detailed installation notes for the large range of Dialoigc cards themslevels - such information is contained in the Dialogic Release Notes...

From VoiceGuide's Help file section on Installing Dialogic:

Please read the Dialogic cards release notes and help files to ensure correct installation and configuration of your Dialogic card - these will cover how to set up your card to correctly detect busy and engaged tones, and perform call transfers correctly. Sometimes you will need to specify a particular “Parameter File” in the Dialogic’s Configuration Manager to ensure the card is set up to work correctly with phone lines in your country. Please consult your local Dialogic representative regarding any questions relating to configuration of your Dialogic card.

In the realease guide under installation and configuration for Config hardware & Install software it points me towards "System Release Installation and Configuration Guide for Windows". Where is this document so that I can follow the instructions?

For Config software it lists a number of subheadings of which I am unsure of which relates to my D/4PCI card. Is it a CP Series, DM3 Series, DSP Series, Glocbal Call SS7 or MSI Board, I have no idea and don't want to screw with the settings unless I am sure.

Currently download Java 2 Runtime Environment... I think this is required...

Henry

That document in in "C:\Program Files\Dialogic\doc"

Java 2 Runtime Environment is not required.

When installing Dialoigc SR just ensure that Global Call for Analog lines is selected (use Custom Setup option) - don't load DM3/ISDN/MSI etc...

In your case I'd suggest keeping the system as clean as possible - just installing NT, SP6a, Dialoigc SR then VoiceGuide - thats it.

We've decided to upgrade the Server to Win2K in an effort to simplify the setup etc. Are there any special quirks I should be aware of with VG, Dialogic D4/PCI and Win2k ?

Thanks

No special notes regarding using VG+D4PCI on Win2000. It's the platform of choice for Dialogic installations.

OK, the server has now beenupgrade and rebuilt using Windows 2000 Server.

The original problems, hookflash length settings being ignored, as detailed in an alternative post are still being experienced and I would like to address each and every issue in order to resolve this problem step by step.

Issue 1: Dialogic D/4PCI setup

Should the country be set to "Australia" or "Australia/NZ" ?

When the country is set to "Australia" the following is logged in the event log:

Event Type: Information

Event Source: dlgc_log

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1

Date: 25/08/2003

Time: 8:02:00 PM

User: N/A

Computer: ANGUS

Description:

Dialogic Generic Downloader Version 5.11 (Build 31)

Copyright © 1992-2000 by Dialogic Corp.

System Download ................................

WARNING: Cannot find country specific parameter file: AU_D4P.prm

D/4PCI (PCI ID 0) Download .. BCV Firmware Version 6.53

1 Dialogic Board Successfully Installed

Issue 2: Dialogic D/4PCI driver

I have installed and configured the NULL inf file for this card as detailed in the Windows Installation Guide and the device now appears to be recognised in the device manager under the other devices category. When I view the properties of this device it states that no driver has been loaded and that there is a resource conflict with DlgcSram:

Memory Range FE207000 - FE20707F used by:

\Driver\DlgcSram

Memory Range FE200000 - FE203FFF used by:

\Driver\DlgcSram

Is this correct for the setup of the Dialogic Card or is this not normal and could be causing problems.

Thanks

Henry

Should the country be set to "Australia" or "Australia/NZ" ?

The country setting is just another way of specifying which parameter file should be used. If you select "Australia/NZ" then by default the an_d4p.prm file will be used. If you select "Australia" then Dialogic searches for a file au_d4p.prm - which it will not find... and it will then end up using factory default settings for the card.

Of course you can just specify which .prm file the card should be using by specifying it directly in the ParameterFile field. The Installation notes which come with cards in Australia advise to specify the "au_41d.prm" file in the ParameterFile field and that's what we recommend you do.

(People in other countries - read your card's installation notes and see what ParameterFile they advise to use in your country...)

All parameter files are in Dialogic's \DATA\ subdirectory. Usually that means that they are in "C:\Program Files\Dialogic\DATA\"

Issue 2: Dialogic D/4PCI driver

I have installed and configured the NULL inf file for this card as detailed in the Windows Installation Guide and the device now appears to be recognized in the device manager under the other devices category.

When I view the properties of this device it states that no driver has been loaded and that there is a resource conflict with DlgcSram:

This is to resolve Windows reporting that it has detected the Dialogic card each time Windows is restarted - even though the Dialogic card is installed and working OK... right? Guess as long as the Dialogic card is working and the PnP detection is no longer annoying you at windows start up then I guess we can just ignore the "resource conflict with DlgcSram" messages...

The only problem that I note that you mention is that the hookflash timing is not working. For setting hookflash timing please see:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=989

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1011

Setting correct hookflash time may require editing of entries in the Parameter File (as shown in one of the posts listed just above).

Henry MC,

Please can you take contact with me at fguarien@mail.mobistar.be

regarding the driver error with the Dialogic Card.

Do you have a answer to your questions (26/08/03)

It is quite urgent.

Thanks.

You can send email to registered members - just click on their name and you will then be taken to a screen from which you may send an email to them..

Also registered users can be alerted of any new posts in the thread (or forum) if they choose to monitor it...