VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Any Issues With The Xeon Proccessors ?

We are looking to purchase two brand new machines. We are looking at the Dual Core Intel® Xeon® 2.0 GHz processors in a multi processor machine(2 gb RAM). We will start with just one processor and add 2nd, if needed.

Has the Xeon given any issues? ( or the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, another possible processor).

In our load testing of 24 lines eval. version, we were using a D4 1.22 GHz with HyperThreading, 1GB ram. It averaged 60%(saw 82%). We are planning on 48 calls at one time, having a script that Q&A the callers. A lot if disk(going with 10K rpm drives).

So if we almost double the processor speed itself, and with Dual core... we should be able to handle all 48 calls.

Thanks,

yanky

Has the Xeon given any issues? ( or the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, another possible processor).

No issues with Xeon. If you can afford Xeon then we'd highly recommend it. There are many VoiceGuide systems out there running on Xeon based hardware (mostly 100+ lines/machine systems), and we see Xeon based hardware performing very well on these larger systems. If you're looking at Xeon then we'd recommend having a look at the IBM X-Series range.

Core 2 Duo are fine. That's the most popular CPU currently purchased.

Our two new Xeon Dells, have one long PCI slot for the dialogic card( D/480JCT-2T1)... Sounds great, but I am getting an error on the Dells at boot-up.

'0D2 Error allocating mem bar for PCI device'. The dialogic installed fine. There are no errors in the device manager, the Dialogic Config Manager starts the card just fine, and the gc_...demo, answers the call.

I don't want to go any further with installing VG if this may be an issue. I chatted with Dell and I explained the card worked fine in a Precision 370. I am putting in a Precision 490. They send the only difference would be the 370 PCI slots are PCI 2.2 and the new 490 PCI slots are PCI 2.3.

Do you see any issue with this?

You should speak to DELL regarding any error messages reported by their computers.

We are not familiar with the error you mention.

If the Dialogic card works then maybe the reported error will not affect Dialogic operation(?)

You can try using the evaluation version of VoiceGuide to test.

I am just concerned with the "Allocating MEM'ory error. And will it hinder the ability to handle 48 calls. Answering calls, playing recordings, recording message, etc.

I will call Dell again. The way it sounds is that the 5v pci cards are 'going away'?

thanks,

If the card is working and VoiceGuide is answering/making calls then this error should not have any effect on system operation.

Still, you should speak to DELL about it as this error may suggest a problem with DELL hardware itself.

Current model Dialogic PCI cards can work with 3.3V and 5V PCI slots. It makes no difference from the card's point of view whether 3.3V or 5V PCI slot is used.