VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Recording Over Sound File

I keep having problems with recording over sound files. Sometimes the program tells the caller there is an error and other times the computer completely crashes reboots (which is very annoying).

I have figured out that if I want to update the message that plays, I have to save a completely new file and give it a new name. This would not be so problematic if I had just one module calling the sound file; instead, I have several modules that reference a single sound file based on various access codes. So when I update the sound recording, I have to change each module that references that sound file which sorta defeats the purpose of a nice tight script.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or is it something specific to my computer?

I have a Broadxent Model: 3631 Modem in a Windows XP

What sort of an error are you getting?

If your computer crashes then it looks like there is a problem from inside the modem's drivers themselves - which are privileged to run at a security level that allows them to perform tasks that can result in a crash...

VoiceGuide itself cannot cause the computer to crash as it is running at an 'user application' level...

What sort of errors is VoiceGuide informing you about?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)