VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Guide Freezing On Hangup Module

VoiceGuide freezes after a while and just displays "Hanging Up Call...[Hangup Module]" and will not continue to make outbound calls. I am using version 6.0.3338. I have emailed logs and screenshots to support. Please respond ASAP as my app is currently down

Which version of Dialogic System Release drivers are you using on this system?

Which Dialogic cards are you using?

We can see from traces see that you are running 24 lines of all analog lines, but which actual cards are you using?

Can you tell us which version of Windows you are using as well?

Traces show that or system is behaving slightly differently at call hangup time then what we see on our labs, but we could identify what is happening on your system and created a fix for it.

Please update your system with attached .exe and see if you still have any issues with this version.

VgMulti_6.0.3342.zip

I am using Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

I am using 2 D120 JCT Boards

I added the new EXE - I'll give it some time now to see if the problem resumes

Which version of Dialogic System Release drivers are you using on this system?

I am using Version 6.

Also, the freezing problem seems to have been fixed but something in one of these new versions that you gave me broke my tts. VoiceGuide now does not read back the wav file that I create through tts. This has been working up until one of these newer versions.

Before, VoiceGuide would create a copy of the file as a .vox format and play that but that does not happen anymore. This is the format that I am using and I have also attached a copy of a wav file. cpFileStream.Format.Type = SpeechLib.SpeechAudioFormatType.SAFT8kHz16BitMono

TEST_PATIENT.wav

The traces show that you are using VoiceGuide's COM commands (called form some external program) to instruct VoiceGuide to play your own sound files.

In the second trace the external program did issue a Play command:

153759.51 1 cl Play_Start C:\VoiceGuide\VGBones_EXE\Voice\CRC\TTSNames\TEST PATIENT.wav

and apparently it was started OK:

153759.51 1 play start ok, lPlayId=104287

but it never indicated that play ended, so looks like something went wrong along the way...

We'd need to see the "tw" trace to see what happened with that Play command.

Please post the "tw" trace capturing this problem and we will then be able to see what happened.

Why are you generating TTS by another external program instead of using VoiceGuide to generate the TTS?

This is the entire tw file.

154054.799 init exit thread WavVoxConverter (lStopThreadFlag_WavVoxConvert==9)

154054.819 init exit thread CtEventPolling (lStopThreadFlag_DialogicEventHandler==9)

154054.819 init exit thread SaveLogEntries (lStopThreadFlag_SaveLogEntriesToDisk==9)

160554.505 init exit thread WavVoxConverter (lStopThreadFlag_WavVoxConvert==9)

160554.535 init exit thread SaveLogEntries (lStopThreadFlag_SaveLogEntriesToDisk==9)

160554.535 init exit thread CtEventPolling (lStopThreadFlag_DialogicEventHandler==9)

The reason I am using microsoft speech to generate TTS files is because VoiceGuide doesn't have a function to do it in the current API and I am controlling the call flow from a .NET application. But it shouldn't matter because as far as VoiceGuide is concerned it is just playing a wav file, it doesn't have anything to do with the creation of it.

Please Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Also:

because VoiceGuide doesn't have a function to do it in the current API

I think if you pass a Text file as a parameter to the Play_Start call the contents of the .txt file will be TTS'd by VoiceGuide.

Would need to check if there is a limit on you only being able to specify a single .txt file when it's passed in like that, not sure if you will be able to chain a sequence of .txt files or mix .txt with .vox/.wav

Ok, I was able to workaround the problem by calling VoiceGuides "ConvertWavToVox" function before adding it to the voicefile string. For some reason VoiceGuide stopped converting the wavs to voxes.

Ok, I was able to workaround the problem by calling VoiceGuides "ConvertWavToVox" function before adding it to the voicefile string.

Latest versions of VoiceGuide no longer automatically convert WAV to VOX before playing the sound file, but will play the .WAV files directly.

I think you may have been mixing .WAV and .VOX files in one list of files to play. This would have worked i previous version where any .WAV files would have been converted to .VOX and then the .VOX files list played, but in current version the entire list of files is expected to be supplied as .WAV.

.VOX lists would still be played, but maybe not a mix of .WAV and .VOX when specified together in one input.

Apparently lines are still freezing. I looked this morning and line 14 was showing the "Hanging Up Call...Hangup Module". It is not happening as often but it still seems to happen occasionally. I have included the logs.

0724tw.txt

0724vgm.txt

Thank you for posting the traces. This has let us quickly see where the problem was.

The attached .exe should fix this issue encountered by you.

Basically the issuing of Play_Start COM commands at the same time as VoiceGuide was hanging up was interfering with the call hangup.

The attached version has better detection of call state at time external COM commands are received and will not let the COM Play/Record commands interfere with line hangup.

VgMulti_6.0.3355.zip

Thank you for posting the traces. This has let us quickly see where the problem was.

The attached .exe should fix this issue encountered by you.

Basically the issuing of Play_Start COM commands at the same time as VoiceGuide was hanging up was interfering with the call hangup.

The attached version has better detection of call state at time external COM commands are received and will not let the COM Play/Record commands interfere with line hangup.

This is becoming very frustrating. It seems that when you fix one thing it breaks another. Now I have 2 problems. The first problem is that now the line hangs up correctly but then it never accepts another call - the incoming call just keeps ringing. The second problem is that when I use the record module to record a voice file, when I play it back all i hear is static. What is going on?? Here are the latest logs.

0725tw.txt

The changes made in the new version did not affect the way in which recording and playback is made. So it would not have introduced any 'static causing' bugs. The recording is done by the ktTel layer, and that was no changed on your system.

Can you please post a trace of the recording and playback and the recorded sound file.

It is possible that not all interference between the COM Play/Rec Start/Stop commands and hangup process have been eliminated. Please post traces capturing call on the line which then results in next call not being answered.

Please enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post both the vgm and tw traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I made 1 call and recorded my name - played back fine

then I called back and VoiceGuide would not pick up

then I called back a second time and VoiceGuide still did not pick up

then I restarted VoiceGuide

then I called back and VoiceGuide answered - It recorded and played back my name just fine

I have posted the logs.

The staticy voice seems to be very intermittant and I am unable to consistently reproduce it at this point. However, the larger issue remains to be VoiceGuide not answering on the second call

0725vgm.zip

It's a bit hard to replicate your setup as it looks like you are using an external program to control what VoiceGuide does, basically controlling the script entirely using the COM interface.

Hopefully this attached version fixes the call answer problem on your system.

The TW trace is still not getting created. can you confirm if the ktTel entry in VG.INi is set to 10 ?

We will need the TW trace of record and playback and the sound file itself to see why static is heard when that file is played.

VgMulti_6.0.3356.zip

Looks like that version took care of the answering problem. However, I am still having problems with VoiceFiles being recorded and then being played back and sounding staticy. All I am doing is using VoiceGuides Record function and then playing it back. When I play it back I am not stringing it together with any other voice files. Attached are both the logs and the 2 voice files.

Logs.zip

Not sure why you would be getting staticy recordings, the traces from the system show the record and play being done just fine.

The TW trace does show that you are using an older version of the ktTel OCX (which is still doing the .VOX conversions).

We'd recommend updating to latest version - which does not use VOX files - so you may need to change some of your own files to be .WAV, not .VOX.

(and after updating to latest version apply the latest patch supplied in this thread)

Another thing to try would be to try the version 7 and see if that version works better for you. Version 7 uses u-Law or A-Law sound files, and can use 11kHz sound files, which may result in better quality recording.

Jonah: Other things to consider to kill static:

1. Check PC PSU noise and earthing, especially if using UPS system. Use protective grounding on PC chassis.

2. Check pbx/phone line wiring: keep away from mains.

3. Check using correct format: alaw/ulaw on line, chk crc settings

4. Check recording levels, if digital lines overloaded (clipping) then sounds like static

5. Check no heavy CPU/network activity