VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail Default Messages (uk)

I am having problems with the default voice messages. Basically the recordings play back on the phone very slooowwwwllllly. Sounds daft and sounds like a male voice - However when I play back the defaults messsages on my PC it sounds like a womans voice with an amercan accent.

If we record wav files or vox messages they play OK. I do not want to replace all of the default message recordings which I understand are located in VoiceGuide\system\voice.

The question is. Is there something wrong with my setup which is causing the voicemail messages to slow down and sound like a man?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

In what format are the sound files recorded?

Most likely what is happening here is that the version of VoiceGuide you are using expects to play back the sound files in 8kHz format, while the sound files are in 11kHz format.

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

In what format are the sound files recorded?

Most likely what is happening here is that the version of VoiceGuide you are using expects to play back the sound files in 8kHz format, while the sound files are in 11kHz format.

Version is Voicemail Manager version 5.2.1005 I have the enterprise version purchased.

My recording are fine i.e. no problem with them. It is the default Voicemal Manager voice messages that are pre-recorded that I have the problem with and they are recorded by yourselves. They are in wav and vox format.

Have you recorded the defaults in the 11Khz format?

Am I missing a systems setting to play in a certain way?

What is the version of the VoiceGuide application itself?

When running VoiceGuide go to Help->About menu to see the version number and registration information.

The correct format sound files should have been installed in VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ subdirectory, but sounds like these have either been changed/updated on this system with the incorrect format afterwards (?).

What format are the sound files which sound OK in?

What format are the sound files in VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ subdirectory?

What is the version of the VoiceGuide application itself?

When running VoiceGuide go to Help->About menu to see the version number and registration information.

The correct format sound files should have been installed in VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ subdirectory, but sounds like these have either been changed/updated on this system with the incorrect format afterwards (?).

What format are the sound files which sound OK in?

What format are the sound files in VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ subdirectory?

Voiceguide version is 6.0.3243.

None of the default sound files have been changed in any way.

The format the sound files we have recorded is as specified in the help file - PCM 8000Hz, 8bit, Mono. VOX files in format 4bit ADPCM, 8000Hz. These sound OK.

I do not know how to tell what format the default sound files are recorded in.

Just right-click on the .wav file and select Properties.

Looks like for some reason the system sound files are in 11kHz format. Did you download some replacement sound files or upgrade from v5 of VG to v6 of VG? v5 of VG uses 11kHz sound files for some systems...

Probably best for you to just download latest version of VoiceGuide for Dialogic and install that version (backup and scripts and config files first).

VoiceGuide for Dialogic install will only install 8kHz sound files which are what you require.

Just right-click on the .wav file and select Properties.

Looks like for some reason the system sound files are in 11kHz format. Did you download some replacement sound files or upgrade from v5 of VG to v6 of VG? v5 of VG uses 11kHz sound files for some systems...

Probably best for you to just download latest version of VoiceGuide for Dialogic and install that version (backup and scripts and config files first).

VoiceGuide for Dialogic install will only install 8kHz sound files which are what you require.

Yes they are in 11k format.

I upgraded from a previous version but have never replaced the default messages.

I am loathe to reinstall because this took a lot of setting up to work properly. If I download and install on another PC presumably I can manually copy over the wav, vox files.

I know about the sound files in Voiceguide\system\voice Are these the only place the system voice messages are located?

I know about the sound files in Voiceguide\system\voice Are these the only place the system voice messages are located?

Yes. Just copy the system sound files from VG's \system\voice\ subdirectory.