VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Send Voice Module Not Working In 5.2.5049

Hi, I am attempting to use the basic/standard "Send Voice Message to Telephone" script-module. I have an urgent need to have this escalate calls properley but it doesn't seem to work. or works partially.

System description: TAPI v5.2.5049, on XP, eicon 2m-BRI hardware.

Test Scripts: basic "Send Voice Message to Telephone" (SVM2T) module, followed by 2 plays for success/fail.

When call connects, runs a single play module, 1 repeat on message.

(Both scripts, call-logs and outdialque.mdb database attached)

Ok, SVM2T module set up with a number for each part: makecall, AltContact and 2ndAltcontact off my test ISDN pabx. The hardware can easily call the 3 numbers, ie: no line/access problems. No section uses the "welcome" announcement wav. All 3 sections use the same script "...\testx.vgs". 2 paths are defined: true/false.

I have deleted the OutDialQue MDB and the LDB files are had VG recreate the database from fresh.

Heres the are problems:

1. If NO LINE SELECTION made ie: blank/null, calls are made to the 'makeCall' number. No problem with dialling 1st call or answering it. BUT, the AltContact call is never placed if the 1st call is left to timeout. See TEST2.VGS script and ATTEMPT1.TXT log. (Successful call: see ATTEMPT3.TXT)

2. If LINE SELCTION is set to 12 (my chosen available line) then calls are made to the 'makeCall' num, no problem, can be answered or left and the AltContact is then called after the 1st timeout kicks in. BUT, 3rd call to 2ndAltContact is never made, errors in the log. See script TEST3.VGS and call-log ATTEMPT2.TXT (Successful call: see ATTEMPT4.TXT)

3. The unmade/invalid calls are left in the OutDialQue.mdb database and don't appear to get cleared out ever.

So: escalation does not work properley and clearly there is a problem with this standard VG feature.

Further notes: See ATTEMPT2.TXT

173648.47 illegal char warning

...Since the script is just using the basic VG-Designer driven dialogue to build the script, how come we get illegal characaters?

Compare these 2 lines:

173648.91 12 dial found entry: tel[10] ann[NONE] vgs[C:\outbound\test1.vgs] am[C:\outbound\test1.vgs] LineSelection:[,12,]

173800.84 12 dial found entry: tel["20"] ann[] vgs[C:\outbound\test1.vgs] am[C:\outbound\test1.vgs] LineSelection:[,,12,,]

...ann[NONE] specified in dial params BUT @ 173800.84 ann[] used

...also LineSelection:[,12,] used, but @ 173800.84 LineSelection:[,,12,,] used

The "ann[NONE]" to ensure that the default announcement is not used in the second call looks odd.

Clearly the use of ",," to delimit the lineSelction codes is looking a bit odd!

My guess is that the line-selection codes are not properley delimited and the commas are not being managed properley (as an aside, using commas here looks like begging for trouble as a delimiter).

173940.09 12 ERROR DialoutProcessFailedDial_Error Subscript out of range - resuming next

173940.14 12 dial escalation info invalid: 12,"18",0,0,,C:\outbound\test1.vgs,C:\outbound\test1.vgs,[QueuedFrom]{C:\outbound\test3.vgs},12

...Again, this is your standard dialogue built function.

Looking at the ATTEMPT1.TXT file we get:

173302.83 0 WARN Illegal character in sEscalationCalls string

173409.23 12 dial callque insert tel:"20" scr:C:\outbound\test1.vgs time:0 esc:,"18",0,0,,C:\outbound\test1.vgs,C:\outbound\test1.vgs,[QueuedFrom]{C:\outbound\test2.vgs},

...looks like something missing off end of the string! (note hanging comma at the end of line!

SUMMARY:

My bet is that you've updated some stuff for outdialing, but forgot to update this module! Pleeeeaase can you double check the parameters for this function and get a fix sorted out? Also: If you are going to do this, (and I really would like this fixed) can you also issue the update to accomodate memo-fields in the access database for RVs (like you've done for the dialogic version?). Also, note that the calls do work on the first leg, ie: its only the escalation which is failing and so you can conclude this is NOT tapi problems, and definately a fault with your script-module/dialling process.

vsm_calls.zip