VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Blind Call Transfer

Hi, I'm new to all this and I need help tranferring/forwardig a call using the same line the call was picked up by my dialogic card (D/4 PCI-U). For some reason I'm only able to transfer the call using a second line. I verified I already have the forward function enabled by the phone company. Also I use a PBX NEC DSX-80 with analog card connected to the dialogic. I tried modifiyng the flash timing to any value, but no change. Any idea? Thanks.

Giovanni

For some reason I'm only able to transfer the call using a second line.

Afre you referring to "Dial and Conference" (Tromboning)? D/4PCIU cannot do "Dial and Conference", so it must be something else...

I verified I already have the forward function enabled by the phone company.

Are the phone company's lines plugged directly into the Dialogic card?

Also I use a PBX NEC DSX-80 with analog card connected to the dialogic.

Sounds like the Dialogic card is connected to the PBX then, yes?

Do you want to transfer calls to another extension on the PBX, or do you want to transfer calls on the telephone company's lines to another phone number altogether? If the latter then you need to find out what DTMF/hookflash combination to issue to the PBX to have the PBX then issue the hookflash on the telephone company's line.

To answer your questions:

1. I'm trying to use the "PBX hookflast transfer blind"

2. Phone company lines are connected to PBX and then to Dialogic card

3. I want to transfer calls to another phone number, then hangup dialogic so that the line will become available.

So, is mine a hookflash timing and DTMF frequency issue? How can I find out the DTMF my PBX is using? How do I set it on voiceguide to match it?

Thanks for your assistance.

How would you invoke the 'Forward Transfer' feature on the PBX if you tried to do it manually from a telephone handset attached to the PBX's analog extension?

It's usually a hookflash and then a special DTMF code sequence that needs to be pressed to invoke this feature on the PBX.

(DTMF frequencies are not changeable. They are standard frequencies and there is no way to modify them).

From the handset i'd simply click on the Flash button... The thing is that voiceguide performs the transfer but for some reason it picks up a second line putting the first line on Hold. So it's almost like the hookflash is too long, is it possible? I tried to hange the hook flash to any possible parameter, even decimals... nothing it's either too short or it puts the call on hold and gets the other line. where can I find the DTMF codes for my system?

thanks

If the line is connected to the PBX then the hookflash would place the call on the PBX, and not at the Phone Company's Exchange - which I imagine is what you'd like to happen.

Have you unplugged the phone line from the Dialogic and plugged it into the handset and tried the transfer from the handset?

Have you spoken to the PBX supplier?

Got it! Thanks, I was able to find the analog codes for my PBX it was hookflash then "#3" some pauses here and there and bam! it worked!

thanks for your input!