VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Lost Caller Id

Hi all

Have just moved my system to new computer with New dialogic board on Xp and am now running VG 6.0.3243 for Dialogic on an XP sp 2 machine

all works OK - but have lost my reference to Caller ID (I am updating a database in a hang script with this)...

The caller number DOES NOT show up in the call log viewer (it did on some previous testing before moving across) and I have checked with Telstra and its all OK at there end...

any ideas as to where to look to fix this problem

thanks for any help

Maybe the call is being answered before the second ring, before the Caller ID is received?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

YES

that WAS the issue - thanks for the fast follow up.....my error for changing answer to after 0 rings

wanted my customers answered quickly

wanted my customers answered quickly

You'll need to use IDSN Lines for that. On ISDN systems the CallerID is provided immediately at call start, and calls can be answered immediately - so fast that the caller does not even hear any ringing.

Thanks

Ive organised that

I do have one issue that is worrying on this new sert up

pls see Line 180132.02 in the attached log....I am seeing very strange caller id logs (this impacts my sql later on also)

can you tell what is causing this....its like im receiving phantom calls..Ive had about 5 of these today and hoping its not calls Im missing

thanks

0523vgm.txt

Thanks

Ive organised that

I do have one issue that is worrying on this new sert up

pls see Line 180132.02 in the attached log....I am seeing very strange caller id logs (this impacts my sql later on also)

can you tell what is causing this....its like im receiving phantom calls..Ive had about 5 of these today and hoping its not calls Im missing

Note there is NO recording or nothing else identifying if a call was actually recieved...

thanks

Looks like the CallerID information is sent wrong, or is interpreted and reported wrong by the Dialogic card...

This is quite strange and we have not seen this before - looks like time of call information has been sent in the CallerID's Name and Number fields.

What Dialogic card are you using?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and wait till problem occurs again.

Please post the "tw" and "vgm" traces.

141139.70 1 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 14:14 P,05/23 14:14 P,05/23 14:14 P]

163510.61 2 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 16:38 P,05/23 16:38 P,05/23 16:38 P]

163539.02 2 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 16:38 P,05/23 16:38 P,05/23 16:38 P]

163706.55 1 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 16:40 P,05/23 16:40 P,05/23 16:40 P]

163911.56 2 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 16:42 P,05/23 16:42 P,05/23 16:42 P]

172132.06 1 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 17:24 P,05/23 17:24 P,05/23 17:24 P]

172203.63 1 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 17:25 P,05/23 17:25 P,05/23 17:25 P]

180123.23 1 cid LastCidMessage values [05/23 18:04 P,05/23 18:04 P,05/23 18:04 P]

OK, looks like the CallerID is private/blocked and the phone company sends an error code instead of placing UNKNOWN or PRIVATE strings in the CallerID Number/Name report (like usual).

Please update your current VoiceGuide with Dialogic installation with attached patch. This should result in the 'blocked CallerID' calls being reported as "PRIVATE" for the CallerID number.

To update:

Run these command from Command Prompt in the Windows' System32 directory to unregister ktTel.ocx:

regsvr32 - u ktTel.ocx

Then copy new ktTel.ocx into Windows' System32 directory (remove or overwrite previous OCX's from system entirely, do not just rename it)

Then run this command from Command Prompt in the Windows' System32 directory to register the new ktTel.ocx:

regsvr32 ktTel.ocx

Then copy the new vgMulti.exe into VG's directory (overwriting existing).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

140147.468 002 dlgc CLIDINFO_CMPLT=>[€052314040294183322]

140147.468 002 dlgc CLIDINFO_GENERAL=[05/23 14:04 0294183322 ]

140147.468 002 dlgc CLIDINFO_CALLID=[0294183322]

140147.468 002 dlgc CLIDINFO_FRAMETYPE=[0x80]

141139.671 001 dlgc CLIDINFO_CMPLT=>[€05231414P]

141139.671 001 dlgc CLIDINFO_GENERAL=[05/23 14:14 P ]

141139.671 001 CLIDINFO_CALLID error [129]:[Caller ID private or blocked]

141139.671 001 dlgc CLIDINFO_FRAMETYPE=[0x80]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VGD_3320b_patch.zip

Ok thanks - Ill see how this goes tommorow - ,lookds like Ive lost some orders...

Im also having real trouble detecting Telstra disconnect on this new box...its beeping for almost a minute before it detects...Ive also had a few calls drop out when line sounded a little "fuzzy"....

heres my Config.xml

Im on D/4PCI-U and XP and VG for dialogic

thanks again

new box should be worth it in the long run!

Config.xml

ConfigLine.xml

The ConfigLine.xml file had an extra <Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">, like this:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

This would have stopped system from loading the definition properly.

We removed it so attached version should load.

If you still have problems please post the trace of VG starting so that we can make sure the settings are read in properly:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

ConfigLine.xml

Not sure why the Disconnect tone detection would sometimes work and sometimes would not. The detection is all done by the Dialogic card. Maybe the tone definition is not broad enough for the Dialogic card to reliably. detect this tone.

Attached ConfigLine.xml has the unused and repetitive Tone elements deleted from it, so that fewer definitions are loaded by the Dialogic card. The Disconnect tone definition has been relaxed as well. Please see if you get better results with this new ConfigLine.xml.

ConfigLine.xml

Hi

Im now also getting the occasional call cut short where the reason given is silence detection.....

It sounded in the middle of a call - as attached...????

What can I do?

are there settings in the DCM I Should adjust?

P.S

ON another route Im thinkign of having 4 ISDN lines installed - which I think means Ill need a new dialogic board anyway (although this will be in future and Id like to get this one working now) - How much do you sell a 4 line ISDN board for?

thanks

0524182636_1_0297637633.zip

Could you please post the "TW" traces which capture the system startup along with the incoming call on which the problem occurs. Then when the problem occurs please post the entire TW trace along with the recording of the message during which the disconnect tone was not detected. We can then confirm whether the Dialogic card has been correctly setup to detect that particular disconnect tone.

All the settings appear to be loading in fine, so it's puzzling why the disconnect tone is not detected sometimes.

In what % of the recordings are you seeing the disconnect tone not being detected?

Presumably this problem did not exact before you changed cards/PC ?

If problem did not exit beforehand what was your previous system setup? (Dialogic card, VoiceGuide version)

Do you still have the ConfigLine.xml file which was used on that previous setup?

Its now 100% NOT finding the tone...

Old system was ISA dialogic on NT box using older version of Voicegude...this is a new PCI card on an XP box using voiceguide for dialogic for the first time...

previous system was VERY stable - but was on 3 gig hard drive only - business has grown so calls are increasing - hence the move

Old system was ISA dialogic on NT box using older version of Voicegude...

Was it a version 5.x series or a v6.x series?

Its now 100% NOT finding the tone...

With tone detection settings you just have to experiment until you find a combination that works reliably for you. That's the disadvantage of using Analog systems.

If you still have the old system it would be good to see what the tone settings were used by that system

Sounds like increasing the tone's frequency and cadence deviation ranges did not help at all, in that case you should try to maybe reduce them(?)

next thing to try maybe would be:

<Notes>Telstra (Australia) disconnect tone</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>425</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>30</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>0</Freq2Dev>

<On>37</On>

<OnDev>5</OnDev>

<Off>37</Off>

<OffDev>5</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

OK

old system was

425 50

0 0

37 5

37 5

tried this and still no recognition of disconnect

Old system used VG 5.2.3018

New system uses VG 6.03320

Hello Guys

can you pls give me some advice? - Should I try another VG version...

Have new business coming online in a couple of weeks and really need a stable order entry system running b4 going live and also upgradign to 4 line sytem ....

Can I pay for someone to log on via remote to get this thing stable???

please advise....

I can only have system downtime between 9pm and 5 am

Isn't the system recognizing the disconnect tone at all now?

Can you go back to the settings which were working sometimes and confirm that these settings are now working for you occasionally as before?

Can I pay for someone to log on via remote to get this thing stable???

We can do that as well to resolve this tone detection problem. Can you please send email to sales@voiceguide.com referencing this thread and someone will get back to you with cost on this.

In the end even those settings I had were not finding disconnect at all....its started at about 10% and then moved to 0....

hi moved back to standard Telstrra tones with no change

why am I using version 6.0.332 when current download is 6.0331?

I downloaded this version approx 4 months ago??

Can you please provide some other options in order to get this working...

guys

pls offer some options...

can I try an older version?

I have emailed sales in order to purchase soem support and have ha NO response??