VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error On Monitored Transfer

Dear Support,

I need some help please.

When a customer now calls the VG takes the call and it play's a menu where the customer can choose a option.

When he for example press 2 than the call is transfered to ext 130. When this extension is busy the customer have another option to stay on queue or transfer to operator ext 111

Sometimes it's work smoothly the customer hear on hold music and transfered, but some times the customer hear nothing (or hear a dtmf tone without music) especialy when ext 130 is busy and transfer fail.

Can some one please help me out.

Thanks in advantage,

Anton Budiman

VG 6.0.3310

Dialogic D4PCIUF

PABX Panasonic TDA 100

0522vgm_success.txt

0522vgm_failed.txt

xmlMainMenu.vgs

If the caller hears the DTMF tones of the extension being dialed this means that the PBX did not detect that the hookflash was being performed (and hence did to put caller on hold). his usually means the hookflash is too short. Try increasing the length of the hookflash.

Do you know what hookflash length your PBX expects?

Do you know what hookflash length your PBX expects?

No,Could u help how to know hookflash length?

If you do not know what hookflash setting the PBX expects then you will just need to experiment with different values until a reliable setting is found.

From the reported observations you should try increasing the hookflash length.

From the reported observations you should try increasing the hookflash length.

Can I do with VG cinfiguration file (& wich part) or have to via PBX setting ?

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Dial...llTransfers.htm :

Setting Hookflash length on Dialogic cards - VG for Dialogic

When using VoiceGuide for Dialogic the hookflash length is set in Config.xml file. The Config.xml file is located in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory. The following section of Config.xml should be edited:

<SetParm>

<Description>Flash time during dialing (10ms units)</Description>

<Key>DXBD_FLASHTM</Key>

<Value>10</Value>

<Default>10</Default>

</SetParm>

A setting of 10 means 100ms. The setting is in 10ms units.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Dial...llTransfers.htm :

Setting Hookflash length on Dialogic cards - VG for Dialogic

When using VoiceGuide for Dialogic the hookflash length is set in Config.xml file. The Config.xml file is located in VoiceGuide's \data\ subdirectory. The following section of Config.xml should be edited:

<SetParm>

<Description>Flash time during dialing (10ms units)</Description>

<Key>DXBD_FLASHTM</Key>

<Value>10</Value>

<Default>10</Default>

</SetParm>

A setting of 10 means 100ms. The setting is in 10ms units.

Ok, it works, but when call have transfered the customer hear on hold music, and other party hear nothing for 4 second before he connected to the customer

Something wrong with my sistem or is there another setting for this?

With Monitored transfer the Dialogic card waits to hear the person answering the call say "Hello" (anything can be said, as ling as a voice is heard) - only then the transfer is made.

If the phone is picked up without "Hello" being said then the Dialogic card will not do the transfer as it does not know whether the destination extension is still ringing or not.

You may want to try using Announced Transfers.

Blind Transfers are usually the best choice, but the PBX must support them (some PBXs do not support Blind Transfers).

If i use Blind Transfer, how can I that the call succesfully tranfered or not, bcs i want the system give the option to queue or hangup when the destination ext is busy...

In such cases you should have the IVR system always transfer the call directly to the queue.

In such cases you should have the IVR system always transfer the call directly to the queue.

Funny...I'm using your software to create IVR system....should I use another party for that...?

I think use Monitored transfer is enough..the only problem is Dialogic card waits for person (or machine) answering the call to say something in order for it to be able to detect the outgoing call as answered....

I believed that the caller will not wait for a view second delay...

Sorry, misread the previous post. Thought that the PBX had a queuing option. Looks like it does not and you are using IVR to transfer callers direct to the handsets only.

the only problem is Dialogic card waits for person (or machine) answering the call to say something in order for it to be able to detect the outgoing call as answered....

Correct. On monitored transfers the Dialogic card will wait for some voice (human or machine) before regarding call as connected.

The only way that we can tell on analog lines that the destination handset has been picked up is if someone says "Hello". Note that if using the monitored transfers the original caller will not hear that 'Hello' - the Dialogic card will...

As with monitored analog transfers the original caller does not hear the person answering the call say the "Hello" those type of transfers are not often used for transferring calls in office environments.

Announced Transfers are used to get around that 'Late Connection' problem. This way person accepting the call says "Hello" after accepting the call. This is still not an ideal solution, but your only other option is to use a CTI link to the PBX:

You can use a CTI link to the Panasonic PBX to see if the destination extension is available or not, and then do a blind transfer if it is free, and offer alternatives if it is busy...

To find out more about CTI modules for VoiceGuide please email sales@voiceguide.com