VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Accessing Pbx Features With Dialogic/vg

Hi,

I'm trying to access PBX features within a script and I'm not sure how to accomplish this. My PBX is a Lucent Partner ACS R6.0. The manual says that there is a way to cause a hookflash on the CO line and if you use one of their proprietary handsets, you can map a button on the phone to send the hookflash. How can I get my dialogic card to simulate this?

Dave

To issue a hookflash just use an exclamation mark in a Play module. You can follow it with numbers and commas if you also want to play DTMF tones and have pauses in between etc. eg:

!,1234

would do a hookflash then pause for a while and then play DTMF tones 1234 one after another.

The above will cause the Dialogic card to issue a hookflash on the analog lines plugged into the Dialogic card.

To have the VoiceGuide software do the equivalent of pressing a button on the digital handset you would first need to use one of the PBX Integration cards, like the D/82JCT or the D/42JCT. Those cards let you attach the digital extension lines to them, rather then the analog lines used buy the normal analog cards.

Are you using one of those PBX Integration cards or are you using an analog card attached to analog extensions on the PBX?

I'm using a D4/PCI. I assumed the PBX signaling was DTMF, but I've got no basis for that assumption other than that the PBX programming is performed by pressing some of the regular number keys on the hand set along with a few non-regular keys. I know nothing about PBXs to be honest. If I'll need a different card then I would rather go with my other solution which was to have the CO line connected to one port of my D4/PCI card to issue the hookflash directly.

PBX digital extensions do not communicate with PBX using DTMF tones. That's why you need a special Dialogic card like a D/82JCT to simulate keypresses issued by Dialogic extensions.

If you have a D/4PCIU connected right now to the PBX extension that this means that the PBX extension is analog, as D/4PCIU only works with Analog extensions.

You need to speak with PBX manufacturer/supplier to see what is possible with the PBX.

The approach you mention must be the one here:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4904

Dave: Your first post indicates you are looking to do a "Forward Hook-flash", ie, pass a hook-flash out to the CO (Central Office) which is different from a normal (internal the the pbx) hook-flash (which is used to usually transfer calls from ext to ext). Support may have missed this point! The codes to issue this command vary from pbx to pbx and often include DTMF only or DTMF+Hook-flash sequences. If you need to do this, (eg to request a network service like 3-way calling external to the pabx). Note, asking the IVR to handle forward-hook-flash is often problematic, as the network/CO service often requires tricky timing or other complex actions. However, usually, whatever you program on the handset key can be simulated by the play-module (or timed-sequence of play-modules) Good luck!

Ok, I've solved the issue. I was going about it the wrong way. After reading the manual closely I found there is a way to tell the PBX to send a hookflash to the CO line using analog signaling (the sequence is !,#03). I tried it manually and it was a piece of cake. Should be possible to get VG to handle that.

And yes, http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4904 is my thread also. I had that arrangement working with my old PBX but I had some other issues with it ($72 PBX from Beijing, can't expect too much) and so I had to upgrade to ma bell equipment.

Thanks,

Dave