VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

No Delay After Tts To Accept Input

I am using text to speech exclusively for all user interactions (AT&T Natural Voices). I have found that if I setup a play module with some text, and tell it to repeat once, and pause 5 seconds between replays, that on the second (last) replay, there is no pause after the text is spoken - and the script continues - without giving the user, after the message, time to enter a touch tone. I would have expected that the 5 seconds would not only be the time between replays, but the time to wait after the last replay to allow the user time to enter a touch tone. Can this be changed? Is there a way to force a pause when using TTS?

I would have expected that the 5 seconds would not only be the time between replays, but the time to wait after the last replay to allow the user time to enter a touch tone.

The delay between replays is just that - a delay between replays. To introduce a pause after the last sound file completes playing then use a Timeout path with a timeout other then 0. A 'Timeout 5' path would be taken only 5 seconds after last sound replay finishes playing.

This applies regardless of whether TTS or pre-recorded sound files are used.

If you still have problems please post your script (.ZIPed)