VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Stops Calling

1) We are using VoiceGuide version 5.2.5049 Enterprise for 4 lines. We had a problem after switching to a new computer and installing Intel Dialogic D/4PCI with windows xp home. We were only able to call using two lines. After that we were adviced to use a different Registration code and after which we were able to start using all the 4 lines. But it seems we still have some problems calling as after I load a file with 300 phone numbers the calling module quickly shows that it has 297 left to be called but the line device state still shows 'Waiting For A Call' in all the 4 lines. I confirmed that all the lines were checked to be used for dial out. I had to do a lot of trial and error to finally start calling. This happens when I have to load new files in the morning after it had stopped calling the midnight before. Sometimes the calling window would not show after closing and clicking the program again. The Windows (XP Home edition) task manager shows "VGMulti.exe" is in memory. So after Ending the task by clicking 'End Task' button I got it it going. I had to uncheck all the lines (Allow VG to dialout on this line) and closing and then again opening the module and then checking these check boxes.

What could be the problem? Please help?

2) We are also getting errors in the loader module once a day when it says something like 'Error code XXXX and something like ..locked by user admin...'. Any idea why does this happen often?

3) Can we automate to daily call files (about 6 of them) with the same files structures with specific times automatically?

If you are using a Dialogic card then you should be using 'VoiceGuide for Dialogic'.

Plesae uninstall v5.x of VG and install 'VoiceGuide for Dialogic'.

Hi,

Please answer below each item.

We are using the VG with TAPI drivers version as all our sound files are in the form of 8 bit and 11 Khz and VG for dialogic card requires 8 bit 8 KHz.

1) Now is 8 KHz better sound quality than 11 Khz ?

2) We require to get new files form Sound recording studio which is a bit of a hassle.

3) We have experimented by calling ourselves that the introduction file is not played for all calls made in the evening part yesterday for 4 hours and only the prompts sound file was played. We just upgraded the machine to a P4 3.0 Ghz processor which should have eliminated this problem with the earlier old processor machine.

4) We are also getting errors in the loader module once a day when it says something like 'Error code XXXX and something like ..locked by user admin...'. Any idea why does this happen often?

5) Can we automate to daily call script files with specific times automatically?

Tnx

1) Now is 8 KHz better sound quality than 11 Khz ?

Makes little difference when playing over phone lines.

Read: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3903

the introduction file is not played for all calls made in the evening part yesterday for 4 hours and only the prompts sound file was played.

Most likely the starting module in your script was not set to the module which you would like the script to start with.

Do you have any traces form those times? If yes then please post traces and scripts used and we can have a look at them.

4) We are also getting errors in the loader module once a day when it says something like 'Error code XXXX and something like ..locked by user admin...'. Any idea why does this happen often?

We'd need to see screenshot of this. Please post the screenshot and we can then comment on it.

5) Can we automate to daily call script files with specific times automatically?

You can set the 'Activate Time' for loaded outgoing calls to make them start at a desired time.