VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vgmulti.exe Error On Pressing "set And Run Current Script" B

I upgraded to the dialogic version of VoiceGuide (6.0.3310) from the TAPI version and after I did that I am getting an error every time I press the "Set and Run Current Script" button from within the script designer. The message says "VgMulti.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." The error log says something about an access violation. Nothing closes and the script actually does get set to run, but I would like to eliminate the error if I can.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

I think you must still be using the Script Designer from v5.x of VoiceGuide.

What is the version number of the Script Designer? (go the Help->About menu).

The "Set and Run Current Script" is not used in 'VG for Dialogic'. The script selection needs to be done manually in ConfigLine.xml file.

Pressing the "Set and Run Current Script" button in 'VG for Dialogic' should not produce the error you mention - it will just start VG but will not set the lines to use the current script.

I think you must still be using the Script Designer from v5.x of VoiceGuide.

What is the version number of the Script Designer? (go the Help->About menu).

The "Set and Run Current Script" is not used in 'VG for Dialogic'. The script selection needs to be done manually in ConfigLine.xml file.

Pressing the "Set and Run Current Script" button in 'VG for Dialogic' should not produce the error you mention - it will just start VG but will not set the lines to use the current script.

My version is 6.0.3003 when I go into script designer and select the "About" menu item. I'm unclear if you are saying that I shouldn't even see that "Set And Run Current Script" button or if I just shouldn't use it. I find it handy to quickly make a change in my scripts and test them rather than closing and restarting Voice Guide. I already am selecting the script by editing the ConfigLine.xml file, and I don't have a problem with that. I'm just getting that error message when I am doing some minor changes to the active script in script designer and I click that button in order to test the change.

By the way, I uninstalled VG TAPI using the uninstall tool and then installed the Dialogic version. I don't think I left the old version of script designer behind, but I could uninstall and re-install again just to be sure if you think it might help.

Thanks,

Dave

When we try to use the "Set and Run Current Script" in v6.0.3003 Script designer which comes with v6.0.3310 VG release we see no errors and VoiceGuide starts (reading from Config.xml).

Maybe you have an existing VgMulti.exe task still running on your machine that has not fully closed down and exited?

You can check for this using Windows' Task Manager.

Looks like starting another copy VgMulti.exe while another copy of VgMulti.exe is still running will cause an error.