VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Getting Keypress In Script

I have a VBS script module in my VoiceGuide script. This plays a few WAVs via Play_Start.

That all works fine, but I then want it to wait for a keypress of either 1 or 2 ("yes" or "no") and go to a different module based on what key was pressed. Also love it to go to a Module if no key is pressed after certain time.

Basically, this is like a normal Get Number module, except written in VBS code.

Looked on here but could not find anything close. Assume it is not difficult.

Thanks

Simon

The VBScript itself is not designed to receive events like DTMF keypresses (although the execution of VBScript can be terminated by DTMF event if the corresponding path is defined).

Why aren't you finding using the Get Number module suitable?

The VBScript itself is not designed to receive events like DTMF keypresses (although the execution of VBScript can be terminated by DTMF event if the corresponding path is defined).

Why aren't you finding using the Get Number module suitable?

Ok, here is what I am trying to do.

Originally I had it ask for a Request Number using a Get Number, then if that was successful, it went to a Say Number module that played "You entered" then played the number in digits then "Is this correct? Press 1 for Yes and 2 For No.".

That was fine and worked.

But Now I have to develop the script in 3 different languages. I have got everything else fine, it's just that if you use the Say Number module, it only says the digits in English. This is because it uses the 0 to 9 WAVs in the System/voice folder.

I need it to be able to say the numbers in whatever language I want using 0 to 9 in that language in a folder I have.

So i have the WAVs for numbers in each language, just using the Say Number module can only reference 1 set of WAV file and that means only 1 language.

This is why I replaced the Say Number module with a VBS script that loops through digits and plays the right WAV file in the right language folder. You just can't then confirm what you entered via pressing 1 or 2.

I hope this is clear.

it's just that if you use the Say Number module, it only says the digits in English. This is because it uses the 0 to 9 WAVs in the System/voice folder.

The directory from where VoiceGuide retrieves the 'system' sound files can be changed by setting the $RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE] Result Variable to point to a different directory.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Multi-language.htm

If the various languages also require grammar changes in the way the numbers are pronounced then you can also add their own Say Number functions by editing the file: lib_num2wav.vbs located in VoiceGuide's \system\vbs\ subdirectory. Please read the lib_num2wav.vbs file for more information.