VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Card On Pbx Ext And On Same Co Line

I've got something in mind that I want to do but I just want to ask if it is possible before I spend hours trying to get it hooked up. I want a menu option to allow the caller to reach me on my mobile phone, but I've only got one Co line. The line has three way calling though. I've got my D/4PCI line 1 on ext 1 of my PBX. I'm thinking I can split off the Co line to also go to line 2 of my Dialogic card. When the caller requests to reach me on my mobile phone, the dialogic card would have to pick up on line 2 (really the Co line), flash, dial my cell number and wait for answer, then flash again to connect the Co line with both the incoming call and my cell.

Is this likely to work? If so what is the minimum requirement for VoiceGuide License to accomplish this? (pro/enterprise/dialer).

Thanks,

Dave

I'm thinking I can split off the Co line to also go to line 2 of my Dialogic card.

No. You cannot just split lines like that...

Your best bet is to try doing a 3 way call on the same line.

Hmmm, I'm not sure there is a way to get my PBX to flash the CO line.... I'll look into it.

But it really seems like I should be able to pick up the CO line on line 2 of the Dialogic card and then drop line 1 on the Dialogic card, effectively cutting the PBX out of the picture, that is if the PBX drops the line when the Dialogic card drops the line.... or if the PBX could be forced to drop the line.... If I could do that much then I could do what I need to do I think.

thanks,

Dave

As you only have one external line then the transfer needs to be at the Telco's switch.

If you had two lines then you could place the call to your mobile phone on another line (and use Dial and Conference type transfer).

Yes, I realize that. What I'm saying is if there is a way that I can cut the PBX out of the loop and have the dialogic card on the line still, then I can accomplish what I need to do. I need to flash the CO line to put the caller on hold and get a dial tone, then I can dial my cell number, wait for answer, then flash the line again to connect caller with my cell.

I'm not sure if the dialogic card could pick up the CO line directly on it's line #2, then drop the PBX extension on line #1 to allow the Dialogic card direct access to the CO line for flashing the line and dialing my cell.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm not sure if the dialogic card could pick up the CO line directly on it's line #2, then drop the PBX extension on line #1 to allow the Dialogic card direct access to the CO line for flashing the line and dialing my cell.

OK, I understand what you mean now.

Theory sounds fine (it is however a very uncommon approach).

Guess how this could be done is to queue an outgoing call with the dialer, and hangup the original call after the dialer has picked up the second line to make the outgoing call.

Try loading the dialer entries without specifying the phone number, or specifying a space for the number or some character which does not get dialed (eg: "_" or whatever).

and then playing some music in the first module to give the first line time to hangup. Then do the flash-dial-flash.

Some phone companies require that recipient of transfer pickup the phone before doing the second flash so the approach may be:

"flash-dial-play and wait for response-flash".

After the call is laded in dialer the call is made within at most 2 seconds - so I'd make the original script wait about 3-4 seconds after loading call before hanging up.

Let us know how you go with this approach.

Also: The second line would need to be set to answer after a large number of rings (eg: 20), so that it never actually answers any incoming call. Not assigning a script to the line should also prevent it from answering a call.

My PBX is still being shipped, but I should be able to test that set-up in a week or so and I'll let the forum know how it goes.

Now I'm also wondering if I will need a dialer license. I was hooked into the CO line and I managed to transfer an incoming call to my cell phone using a play module with the line !,1234567,! in the "Sound File To Play:" text box where 1234567 is my cell number. Do I need dialer to run this module? If Dialer is used for generating the DTMF tones, I could just record a wav of my cell number instead.

When I get my PBX, I will need to pick up on line #2 of the Dialogic card to run that play module. Would dialer be needed to pick up on that line when it's not ringing?

Thanks,

Dave

Dialer is not needed to do hookflash transfers or to do 3-way transfers. It's only needed when doing "Dial and Conference" type transfers.

Transferring calls by issuing the hookflashes and dialing numbers from Play module is also possible. Dialer is not needed to Play DTMF tones and issue hookflashes using a Play module.

When I get my PBX, I will need to pick up on line #2 of the Dialogic card to run that play module. Would dialer be needed to pick up on that line when it's not ringing?

Yes. You'd need the Dialer for that.

In the absence of the PBX, I decided to do some testing with the CO line. I plugged a splitter into my CO line and then plugged the two lines from the splitter into my Dialogic card. I was able to have both line 1 and line 2 of my D/4PCI card pick up at the same time on an incoming call. I've got my main script that reads it's menu options on line 1, meanwhile I've got line 2 just sitting and listening in on the conversation. When the caller presses 9, the script running on line 1 hangs up immediately. Line 2's script sends it to another play module when 9 is pressed, informing the caller that the call is being transfered and waiting a couple seconds to make sure line 1 has completely dropped off, then there is another play module for the flash-dial-flash and then presto! I'm connected on my cell to the incoming call.

So this solution does not require Dialer. However I've got two scripts running at the same time on the same CO line, but on two different Dialogic ports. Would this require a multi-line license? I don't really have two lines, but I need to run two scripts at once on two different ports of the Dialogic card.

BTW, I notice you have a 1-line license and a 4-line license, but no 2-line license.... is it possible to buy two 1-line licenses?

Thanks,

Dave

I've got two scripts running at the same time on the same CO line, but on two different Dialogic ports. Would this require a multi-line license?

Yes.

I need to run two scripts at once on two different ports of the Dialogic card.

Is this because you are you recording the entire user interaction , or is there another reason for this?

is it possible to buy two 1-line licenses?

Yes. Just write in Comments field when ordering that you would like to purchase a two line license.

Is this because you are you recording the entire user interaction , or is there another reason for this?

No, there was an issue with the PBX interpreting hookflashes that were meant for the CO line. I needed to flash the CO line to be able to do three way calling to connect the caller with my cell phone. So I had a second script running on another dialogic port connected directly to the CO line. This script would run if the caller pressed the right button and the other line would drop the call and cut the PBX off the line. Hence my second script had to listen in for the first 30 seconds of the call.

However, I've got my PBX using * instead of ! to transfer calls and I think it might be a better way.

Thanks,

Dave

PBX's don't tend to forward the hookflash on to the CO line.

Hookflash is not a tone, it's a momentary (about 100ms) hanging up of the line.

The approach yo use of course assumes that calls which end up at the IVR are always arriving on a particular CO line.