VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vgmulti.exe Application Error

HELP !

I am running Voice Guide for Dialogic 6.0.3107 24 line Enterprise Edition software with a Dialogic D/240JCT-T1 Card on a Window 2003 Server R2 Standard Edition.

When accessed heavily, I started getting the following error :

"Faulting application VgMulti.exe, version 6.0.0.3107, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.3959, fault address 0x00037e23.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

This had been working perfectly for months, the only thing that has changed recently was I applied Windows 2003 service pack 2

It has happened several times now and obvously is becomming a huge issue, any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

This had been working perfectly for months, the only thing that has changed recently was I applied Windows 2003 service pack 2

Guess the first thing that's worth trying is uninstalling the Windows 2003 service pack 2 and see if the problems go away.

Are you using Dialogic's SR6.0 drivers on this machine? Only SR6.0 is certified for use on Win2003.

We have a Win2003 SP2 system (with all updates) in our test labs and it has not been causing any problems.

(running SR6.0 and DMV1200B card with 4 E1 connections - so it's been tested under heavy load)

Might be a good idea to update your VoiceGuide install to latest version as well so that it matches what we have installed on our test machine...

We are using SR 5.1.1 FP1 service update 106

I had the techs at my ISP config and install this server (last summer), they needed to call Intel directly (and pay for support) because they had problems getting the card working.

When talking with them today about this problem, they stated that Intel never said anything about SR6.0 drivers on Windows 2003 R2. Do you know when these drivers were released ?

Thanks - Kevin

Moving to SR6.0 would be the first thing to do then.

Not sure when SR6.0 has been released, but it was more then a year ago.

You can use the links on our WWW to download the latest SR6.0 version.

I found this thread on the support board here ... it seems others are having this same problem

http://www.katalinatech.com/forums/lofiver....php/t4188.html

in that thread you mentioned replacing some of the .ocx files - is this a know issue with 2003 server ?

waht will replacing these files accomplish ?

By the way, the price of SR6.0 is $995 from intel, when I originally purchased your Enterprise Edition 24 line edition, I contacted your sales team via email and gave them the exact specs of what i was going to be running to make sure I had all my bases covered - I specifically had SR5.1.1 listed and no one ever mentioned that it wouldn't work and I NEEDED Dialogic SR6.0 drivers with Server 2003 R2

Kevin Bamonte

I found this thread on the support board here ... it seems others are having this same problem

http://www.katalinatech.com/forums/lofiver....php/t4188.html

In that thread the user was also using Dialogic's SR5.1.1 Drivers on Win2003 system. Advice was given to upgrade to SR 6.o and it seems like the problem went away as user made further posts in following months about other issues but did not mention the 'Faulting Errors' anymore. BTW. Error they reported was in module "libisdnr4.dll" - which is Dialogic's own DLL.

It's the card suppliers responsibility to supply drivers for the hardware they supply. The release notes which come with the various versions of the drivers indicate on which version of Windows the drivers can be used.

We supply the SR6.0 drivers with every Dialogic card we sell, and many other distributors do that as well, so you should contact the Dialogic distributor from where the card was purchased to obtain these.

The latest full version of the SR6.0 drivers can also just be downloaded from Intel. Just follow the links which point to SR6.0 from our WWW.

It's the card suppliers responsibility to supply drivers for the hardware they supply. The release notes which come with the various versions of the drivers indicate on which version of Windows the drivers can be used.

When I purchase a $2000 piece of software from a company and supply the software vendor with the EXACT specs of what I will be using, I expect that I would get information back such as "wait your configuration is wrong, YOU NEED SR6.0 drivers with the Dialogic card if you are using windows 2003 server" - this would be considered by many as pre sales support and since you are pointing it out now in an attempt to fix this problem i would suspect it should have been pointed out before the sale as well.

Again we also contacted Intel Tech support and paid them $250 at install time for technical assistance and they never mentioned that SR5.1.1 wasn't supported by windows 2003 server either

A N Y W A Y - you are being helpful here now, and believe me i do appreciate it - here is some more information so that anyone reading this months from now will have the details :

the following errors are showing the the Event Log (application section) - this occurs when the system is under a heavy load with multiple calls coming in - it only seemed to appear after we applied service pack 2

Faulting application VgMulti.exe, version 6.0.0.3107, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.3959, fault address 0x00037e23

Faulting application VgMulti.exe, blah, blah, module unkwown

Faulting application VgMulti.exe, blah, blah, ntdll.dll

Faulting application VgMulti.exe, blah, blah, libisdnr4.dll

Faulting application VgMulti.exe, blah, blah, msvcrt.dll

Also Hanging Application VGMulti.exe etc, etc, etc

as far as downloading SR6.0

this is the link i am accessing from your website

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...serviceUpdates/

there is not a download listed here that you do not have to pay for - am i at the right spot ?

Kevin Bamonte

well we finally got the SR 6.0 drivers (cost $650) -

we were getting errors and found threads on this forum that directed us to reinstall the voiceguide software - followed my notes (from a year ago) when we first installed and it mentions the TAPI driver installation

after playing with it for hours, we contacted our vendor where we got the drivers from and they say there is no support for TAPI drivers in SR 6.0

i am trying to reinstall vg 5.2.5409 and then want to use the vg for dialogic 6.0.3107

any ideas ? i'm completely down right now ....

kevin

Please download and install the latest version of VoiceGuide for Dialogic (Currently 6.0.3335)

You must use VoiceGuide for Dialogic when using Dialogic cards.

VoiceGuide for Dialogic does not use TAPI, only v5.x uses TAPI.

You should not be using v5.x of VoiceGuide if you are using a Dialogic card.