VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

How Do You Retrieve & Store Data

In the credit card example where is the data stored? Can you store it directly to access or excel?

Elmer,

I'm not support, just another Voiceguide user, but I think I can help. Look in the Voiceguide help file vg.chm under the following topics:

"Call Log"

This section details how information is stored and in what formats.

"Send DDE Command"

This section details how information can be passed easily from Voiceguide to any application you like including Excel.

"Run VBScript Module"

This section details how to use VBScript to pass information to another application like Excel. This method is a little tougher because it requires knowledge of the VBScript language, but look at Example 7 in this section as it is a specific example of what you're looking for.

In the Credit Card demo script you can see the module titled "Save Data to File" - it's a Run Program type module.

This module saves the data to a text file using the command that it's running:

command.com /c echo $RV[Get Client ID], $RV[Get Card Number], $RV[Get Expiry Date], $RV[Get Amount] >> c:\output.txt

(you can see this command by opening up the module's properties)

The above command saved the 4 pieces of information on a new line of the text tile c:\output.txt with a comma in between each of the items... this format is easily read in by Excel (it's known as a 'comma-delimited' format).

To make it easier on Excel to read this output file rename the file to have a .csv suffix instead of a .txt suffix - the .csv tells Excel that 'this file is a comma delimited file' and Excel will open it after you double click on the file...

To store the data in Access you will need to use DB Query module in the script and write an SQL statement to store the data in the database of your choice... I'd recommend reading the VG Help file's section on the DB Query module for examples of SQL etc...