VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem Uninstalling Beta12

I'm tying to uninstall the version5 beta 12, so that I can install the latest beta 19 and then purchase.

But..I can't get the Beta12 to uninstall. I'm running Windows 2000pro. I've tried using the Windows Add/Remove Software and the Beta12 exe installation file to initiate the uninstall but neither gets the job done. The following is what happens:

Dialog Box pops up saying "Voiceguide Setup is preparing InstallShield Wizard"

Installshield Wizard Box pops up with the Modify, Repair, and Remove Options. I select Remove, and click Next.

I get the prompt "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components? I click OK.

InstallShield Wizard Box pops up saying "Maintenance Complete Installshield Wizard has finished performing maintenance operations on Voiceguide"

Sounds good right, but nothing has really happened, Voiceguide remains fully installed and in working condition. Do you have any suggestions on how to force an uninstall. This is such good software, I'm anxious to install beta19 and register.

Not really too sure what could be causing this...

The only thing I can recommend is to manually delete the VoiceGuide directory (usually in C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide), and then search for all entries in Registry which contain VoiceGuide - and delete them as well.

Then just try installing v19...

I've got the same problem here (ahaggard). It appears there was no install log created. Please find the problem and send a patch. There are files scattered everywhere (like in System 32, etc)

Voiceguide installs files in two places only:

1. it's install directory (and subdirectories)

2. Windows' System32

Files in System32 can stay there - they will be overwritten by the new install...

ahaggard,

Just delete the files from the Installation location that you had selected when you installed Voiceguide, making sure not to delete any scripts or sound files that you created unless you want them gone.

You will also need to delete the installation log file which will probably be located here:

C:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information

The log file has a ridiculously long name filled with numbers and letters, but you can identify which file to delete by the date that you installed the software on. This log file has to be deleted, if you will be installing another version of Voiceguide or the new version won't want to proceed with installation properly.

Inside each of the "long numbers name" folders there will be an .ini file - and inside that .ini file is the name of the program for which this uninstall information is for.

Removing the entire "long numbers" folder will allow you to run the VoiceGuide install again.