VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Call

Hi

I make a call and when the call in answered, I would like to forward the call to an free agent. this is OK.

I use a blind tranfer module. The point is that during the second call (to the agent) i need to play a wav file in order not to leave the personn wating without any information..

help please

Tks

MH

When doing Dial and Conference type transfers on-hold music/message can be played to the caller and the party receiving the call (when doing a monitored or announced Dial and Conference).

ok. but I dont' know why the lines are still "doing something" although I have hanged_up the sets.

Does this have something to do with the the choice :blind, monitored or annouced . I think I have to choose Monitored ?

What do I have to choose as option "Bridge calls together when" ?

NB: have a D/41 PCI

Thanks you for your great and reactive support

find logs here

0323tw.txt

What do you mean by

the lines are still "doing something" although I have hanged_up the sets.

How does that relate to the original question about playing messages before connecting a Dial and Conference call?

Sorry,

Indeed

when I make Dial and Conference. I can have the 2 lines connected. But When I hang_up the lines I can see on voiceguide that these 2 lines are stil not available. see snap shot. Lines are not available anymore even 20 min later ..

Tnks

0324vgm.txt

0324tw.txt

Trace shows that your system made an outgoing call:

200903,67 1 dial making call tel[101] ann[NONE] vgs[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\recordzz.vgs] am[iGNORE] OnHangup[] rv[none[OutDial_RetriesLeft]{2}]

which was detectd as answered about 5 seconds later:

200908,73 1 event CONNECT, iCode=133 state=5200

and then a Blind Dial and Conference call was made:

200911,23 1 state [Transfer Call 2] Blind Dial and Connect to 100

200912,36 1 conf TwoCalls_Bridge 1<=>2 (dxxxB1C1<=>dxxxB1C2)

No events were reported by the Dialogic card to indicat that either caller has hung up.

This would be as the Dialogic card did not detect the Disconnect tone on the line.

You will need to configure the system to detect the disconnect tone.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

If you want to get 100% reliable disconnect detection you should look at using Digital T1/E1 ISDN lines.

In the traces posted in that thread we see that a loop current drop was reported on the line.

Perhaps you should do some more testing to see under what circumstances the loop current drop is detected and when it is not.

The simplest way to simulate a loop current drop is to unplug the telephone cable from the socket - so you can do that at different times to confirm whether the Dialogic card is reporting loop current drop correctly.

You should see VoiceGuide hangup the call on that line as soon as the line is unplugged if the lop current drop is reported by the Dialogic card to VoiceGuide.

Hi

Do you think that my problem could have something to do with the dialogic board DCM parameter :DX_PVDENABLE ?

Thank you for your help.

Mh

Do you think that my problem could have something to do with the dialogic board DCM parameter :DX_PVDENABLE ?

No. That setting should not affect Loop Current Drop detection.

hi

It's me again.. :-)

I have made the test unplug the line. VG hangsup .Seems that the system detect correctly the loop current drop.

The problem occurs only when I'm using a tranfert module (dialout & conference blind). Then it workds correctlt, but when I hang up or when the remote hangs-up, the system does not hang up and stays in this status (see snapshot).

Could you please see what's wrong..

Thanks

MH

Ps the sytem is in this status for more that one hour. I have to hangup with the button if I want the 2 lines to be available again.

0329vgm.txt

0329tw.txt

snap.bmp

In VG.INI file please try changing

Transfer_HangupOnLCOFF=0

to

Transfer_HangupOnLCOFF=1

Hi thank tou for the anwser.

I was wondering why I do not have this parameter in the INI file ..Do I have to add it in the file under this section ?

MH

;************************************************

;*** "Generate" is selected for Transfer Control

;************************************************

;generated before playing the destination extension. (Blind and Announced transfers)

Transfer_Prefix=!

;generated after the call transfer is accepted.

;after playing this signal VoiceGuide will hang up the call.

;generated after the call is declined.

;This signal is used to hangup the extension leg of the call and retrieve the call,

Transfer_AnnounceDecline=!

;generated before playing the destination extension. (Blind and Announced conferences)

Conference_Prefix=!

;generated immediately after playing the destination extension

Conference_BlindSuffix=!,3

;generated after the call confenrence is accepted.

;after playing this signal VoiceGuide will stay on the line.

Conference_AnnounceAccept=!,3

;generated after the call confenrence is declined.

;This signal is used to hangup the extension leg of the call and retrieve the call,

Conference_AnnounceDecline=!

;How long to wait after dialing the transfer destination number before hanging up. (in seconds)

Transfer_AfterDialPauseBeforeHangup=3

I have just downloaded the last version : 6.0.33.10 same problem. this parameter is not available inthe VG.INI file

thanks

Mh

The entry:

Transfer_HangupOnLCOFF=1

Should be added in the:

[PBX]

section of VG.INI file.

eg. change:

[PBX]

;Maximum time the system will wait for the extension to be answered. In seconds.

AnnouncedTransfersMaxWaitTime=30

to:

[PBX]

Transfer_HangupOnLCOFF=1

;Maximum time the system will wait for the extension to be answered. In seconds.

AnnouncedTransfersMaxWaitTime=30

mehdi_h: At the start of your post you mentioned bridging 2 lines together, but you state you use a D/41 card - I don't think bridged conference is supported on this card - you will need to use a D41JCT or D120JCT or other JCT type card to support this mode of conferencing.

Ktruk: Thank you for your comment. The point is that I succeeded having these two lines connected but when I hang_up on of the 2 lines (hoof-on the set) The system does not detect the hang-up and the 2 lines stay unavailable for next calls even if the conf is ended.

So you mean If I want to make a call to someone and after anwser call an agent and make the connecttion , I'd better do it using basic Transfer.. ?

Thank again.

Mehdi

Mehdi: Hi, I am not an expert on dialogic call-transfer, but in your case, all I am saying is that if you are attempting call-transfer to agents, and you use a local PABX, then use the pabx to do the tranfer and let VG hang-up straight after connection, ie: blind-transfer, or try supervised transfer, if you cannot get the cards to hangup correctly.

The following may help: There are 3 basic sorts of transfer...

1. Blind-transfer or hook-flash: Vg receives call, puts caller on hold by 'flashing' the line, dials alternative number and hangs up, assuming 1st call will be connected to 2nd call. VG just acts automatically to pass the call on without any intelligence or control. only 1 line is used. The transfer is enabled by either a local PABX or the telco line having this feature turned on.

2. Supervised transfer: Vg receives call, puts caller on hold by 'flashing' the line, dials alternative number and then attempts to listen to the progress of the second call, if it is connected then it hangs up, assuming 1st call will be connected to 2nd call. If it decides the call cannot be put through, it will do 'something' different according to your programming. VG acts as an old-fashioned operator and tries only to pass the call on only when possible. Only 1 line is used. The transfer is enabled by either a local PABX or the telco line having this feature turned on.

3. Bridged Transfer: VG receives call, puts caller on hold NOT by 'flashing' the line but either doing nothing or playing music to the caller, then dials alternative number on a second line, then it connects both lines and only hangs up both lines when the call has completed. VG connects both calls and applies some intelligence to the transfer, since it controls both sides of the call. 2 lines are used. The transfer is enabled by the specific hardware on the card you are using (and of course having at least 2 lines). VG/Dialogic has to 'listen in' on the call to determine when to hangup both calls.

NB: There are variations to the above (check the voice-guide options), for example, give announcement out on second call before transfering.