VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrading From Vg (tapi) To Vg For Dialogic

OK! I have decided to bite the bullet and change our clients who are using Voiceguide for TAPI to using Voiceguide for Dialogic.

I have previously been hesitant because 1. things have been working *reasonably* fine with Voiceguide for Tapi and our Dialogic D4-PCI/U cards. and if it aint broke dont fix it. 2. I tried to use and setup when VG for Dialogic when it first was released and could not get it to work successfully, so reverted back to what did work.

But now we are experiencing intermittent problems with using outbound calling. We have changed our business systems so that they rely heavily on this outbound dialling therefore it needs to be reliable. So reading posts on the forum here I believe it is now time to use VG for Dialogic.

So I am asking for those that have gone through the experience of changing from VG for TAPI to VG for Dialogic to let me know wjat i need t do to make it as smooth as possible.

most of the pc's are using win2000 with some using XP.

I think i remember that is had to upgrade Dialogic software to SR6.0 is this correct.

look forward to some replys, thanks

The only major change required is the changing of the sound files from 11kHz to 8kHz. You would need to convert from original recordings as converting directly from 11khZ to 8kHz results in poor quality 8kHz files.

The VoiceGuide scripts should work without any changes.

The reliability of detecting live human answer vs answering machine answer will be similar, as the recognition is done by the Dialogic card, and not by the software.

If you are running Dialogic SR 5.x drivers then you may even be able to install the Dialogic version of VG in another directory and run one or the other version of VG at will - so you may want to try doing this.

SR6.0 is recommended. Once you install SR6.0 you will not be able to use VG for TAPI as SR6.0 does not support TAPI drivers.

Apparently in some cases the VoiceGuide for Dialogic could detect CallerID when the TAPI version could not.

We are lacking proper feedback on this though so we cannot comment what CallerID format this applied to.

VoiceGuide for Dialogic has much better tracing so you can see in what format (if any) the CallerID info is sent.