VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail Cuts Off Caller Incoming Message

Hi Support staff,

My voicemail box manager is not allowing callers to leave a message. It cuts them off and hangs up.

Attached is the Event log of a test call I made into the system.

I am using Win98 2nd Edition

with a HSP56 MR PCTel modem

I have IVG v4.7.25

After reading the event log, I noticed that it was hanging up because it was detecting silence. I have changed the VG.ini file settings

to

SilenceDetectLevel=0

and it still hangs up. I had the system working a few weeks ago.

The VoiceMail System Settings are:

Min Msg Length 1 sec

Max Msg Length 600 sec

Mailbox Max Store 600 min

Thanks in advance for your help.

William H.

2003_08_08_1303h_Voicemail.txt

Edited by HypnoWilliam

4.7.25 is quite old (where did you get it from?)

Please download v4.9 (or 5.0 Beta) from our WWW and try with that version.

What do you mean "(where did you get it from?) ?

I got it from www.voicecallcentral.com, about 10 months ago.

Your reply still doesn't answer my question. I tried to download V4.9 on Thursday night and your ftp site didn't want to respond.

I just downloaded it now.

Also, a note for your marketing department. You might want to put an autoresponder on your email box "support@voicecallcentral.com" telling people to send their problems to the forum.

I emailed my question to support@voicecallcentral.com and I have yet to receive an answer. If I had not taken the time to look up the answer on your katalinatech.com site I would still be waiting for a solution.

Some of the people that buy your program don't have the computer savvy or the time to go back to your site for the latest and greatest.

Let's hope this v4.9 works.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

William H.

voicecallcentral.com are our distributors - but many of the questions sent to them end up being passed on to us.

If you still find problems with the new version of VG could you please post here a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

Hello,

I downloaded the 4.9 version and still get the same problem.

My VG.ini files has the following settings

;SilenceDetectLength: 40=4 seconds

SilenceDetectLength=600

;SilenceDetectLevel: range: 0-100.

;0 - don't detect silence, 100 - detect loud background noise as silence.

SilenceDetectLevel=0

[Voicemail]

RecLengthMin=1

RecLengthMax=600

Attached is an event log file. Hope this helps to debug the problem.

Thank you in advance for your help,

William H.

VoiceGuideLog0811.txt

62164 1 RecSoundStart file[D:\PROGRAM FILES\VOICEGUIDE\data\VmSave\0370_0811090206_1_1_.wav] ok

62205 1 [0370] Recording Message

70630 1 LsVmLm_Rec EV_SILENCE_DETECTED

Not a kind of a trace I'd expect to see once SilenceDetectLevel=0 is set in VG.INI...

I take it that VoiceGuide was started after the VG.INI was saved back with the changes...?

Could you please try it one more time with SilenceDetectLevel=1 and then post the actual recorded sound file...

(or can you post 0370_0811090206_1_1_.wav it if is still on your system...)

Did you get a chance to listen to 0370_0811090206_1_1_.wav ?

Did it contain the recording of the caller leaving a message or was it only silence?

Hi SupportTeam (I wish I had a name to make this a more personal message),

You wrote:

------------------------------------

Not a kind of a trace I'd expect to see once SilenceDetectLevel=0 is set in VG.INI...

I take it that VoiceGuide was started after the VG.INI was saved back with the changes...?

Could you please try it one more time with SilenceDetectLevel=1 and then post the actual recorded sound file...

Did it contain the recording of the caller leaving a message or was it only silence?

--------------------------------------

Yes, I did save the changes to the Vg.ini file before I tested the system.

I tried to attach the file you requested, but couldn't. The file ( 0370_0811090206_1_1_.wav) does have about 5 seconds of my voice recorded.

I will test the system again with the SilenceDetectLevel=1 and I will then post the resulting event log.

By the way, I upgraded to version 4.9 and my Unique System Identifier stayed the same (H0741).

But the registration old Code

will not work. I keep getting an "Invalid Registration

Code" error message. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your continuing help with this.

William H.

Hello Support Team,

You wrote:

============

======================

Okay, I went back and changed and saved

SilenceDetectLevel=1

and tested the system again. Attached is the event log.

The wave file recorded 46 seconds, my whole message but VoiceGuide voicemail manager shows the file as 0 (zero) seconds long and won't play it. To play the message I have to use WinAmp or some other similar software.

Now that I shut down VG and tried to re-start it I get an error message "Runtime error '6' overflow'.

I will try to reboot the whole system.

HELP. I am at my wits end.

Why won't it work?

William H.

VoiceGuideLog0811.txt

not too sure what is happening with your system right now, but lets take it one step at a time.

Can you plz post the .wav file which was recorded. (you will need to zip it up first)

Hi,

Well, I tried to restart VG v4.9 and keep getting error message"Runtime error '6' overflow". Tried using your Uninstall feature 'REPAIR'.

That didn't work, still get the same error. So I just uninstalled the whole thing.

This is really getting to be too time consuming. I have to zip this file, log that file, adjust this, download the latest and greatest version, type everything in wait for a reply. I just wish you had a telephone number I can call.

I will probably just buy a dedicated electronic voicemail box device.

Thanks for your help so far.

William H.

Hi,

Well, I tried to restart VG v4.9 and keep getting error message"Runtime error '6' overflow". Tried using your Uninstall feature 'REPAIR'.

That didn't work, still get the same error. So I just uninstalled the whole thing.

This is really getting to be too time consuming. I have to zip this file, log that file, adjust this, download the latest and greatest version, type everything in wait for a reply. I just wish you had a telephone number I can call.

I will probably just buy a dedicated electronic voicemail box device.

Thanks for your help so far.

William H.