VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Progress

Hello,

I have a situation on a pbx where I am transfering a call to an 800 service. My problem is; The pbx is very sensitive to when we can release the call. Currently I am trying to control it with commas at the end of the dial string. I have tried the monitor option and that always waits until the called party answers the call and it determines a human vs answer machine logic.

My question is: Can Voice Guide be made to dial and return control on any call progress (ie ringing) instead of waiting for answer supervision?

That would help tremendously in integrating to this pbx.

Regards,

Dialogic card does not issue a signal when it can hear the dialed number ringing, so it's not possible to trigger of that.

If PBX does not allow true Blind Transfers (ie. you actually need to wait till other extension is ringing) then your only options apart from the Monitored Hookflash Transfer is to use a "Dial and Conference" approach.

Ok, one more question.

The last time I used dialogic boards, there was a dialogic.cfg file that stored all the configurations from the config manager. The config manager does not have the setting I want to change concerning the call progress detection.

Where can I find the leading edge vs trailing edge detection parameters for the dialogic D120/JCT board?

I have tried some online docs and they all still point to the dialogic.cfg which has to be old since it does not exist on the system.

Regards,

No, the settings for the answer supervision settings in dialogic. That detects whether the call is a human or answer machine. One of the settings is leading vs trailing edge detection which influences the speed at which the software determines when to indicate the decision back to the api.

VoiceGuide sets the detection parameters internally when answer supervision is enabled on outgoing calls (on analog cards).

Pretty sure leading edge would be used to ensure fast reporting of human/machine detection.

Zombie: From memory - each board usually has a .PRM file stored in the Dialogic\Data directory, however the D120JCT may not, but you can hack/build a file by looking at D41JCT files for your country (and/or) looking at any xx_120 files (where xx is country code, eg: jp-japan). Don't include any sections that may be country specific in your new file. After naming your file (anything you want) specify this in the DCM parameter-file property (misc tab). Use caution when fiddling with this file - you can invalidate your country board approval! Most lines are documented in the source files. Not sure if this affects just TAPI only, suspect affects all dialogic drivers, not sure if used on v6 or 5.1.1 only.

This was the only way I could setup correct hook-flash for D120JCT after days of fiddling and searching.

Can you guys tell me what parameters are actually set within Voice Guide and what their settings are? Also, can you tell me what parameters I do have control over in other files?

On the board set up, I remember many more parameters available. Concerning what ktruk said, can I add parameters that don't show up in the dialogic utility?

Let me know,

Thanks,

If you are familiar with Dialogic's parameters then have a look in Config.xml and ConfigLine.xml files for other parameters which can be set by user.

Any of Dialogic's parameters can be used in those files. The Dialogic's "Board Wide" parameters are specified in Config.xml and line related parameters are in ConfigLine.xml.