VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Alert

Hi Suport,

I have some questions:

1) Does VG has a alert option to send a email to the administrator to tell if there is a problem with vg?

2) If VG installed on a computer and that computer crashed. Is there a way to use a backup server/computer or something in that way (any suggestion needed)

Thanks

You can send emails from within a script. See the 'Send Email' module. Under what circumstances would you like the email sent?

To create a backup server just install Dialogic cards and software on another machine. To switch calls to another machine just physically move the lines over or program the PBX to send calls to new machine.

Hi Support,

>>You can send emails from within a script. See the 'Send Email' module. Under what circumstances would >>you like the email sent?

I would like to send an email if the server does not fails.

>>To create a backup server just install Dialogic cards and software on another machine. To switch calls to >>another machine just physically move the lines over or program the PBX to send calls to new machine.

With a backup server I mean,

While the server is doing its job and it fails is it posible to automatically switch the calls to an other machine?

Do I have to buy another software with licence?

Thank for your suggestions

I would like to send an email if the server does not fails.
The best way to test if system is working is to have another system dial into it at regular intervals. This test that the software is operating correctly at answering calls, the Dialogic card is working and the telephone connection to system is working. The verification can be done using DTMF tones. If the system under test does not respond then the testing system can then send out an email.

While the server is doing its job and it fails is it possible to automatically switch the calls to an other machine?
You would have to configure the PBX (or switch at the phone company) to send calls on another E1/T1 ISDN line when the primary connection fails. This type of configuration is only available when using E1/T1 ISDN lines.

Do I have to buy another software with licence?
You would have to buy another license (just like you would have to buy another computer, another Dialogic card and another copy of Windows...)

Jenifer: If you are using analog lines or BRI ISDN lines through a PABX, then the PABX can be programmed to divert the calls to a secondary/backup server if there is no answer on your 'primary' server. If you have direct connections to your telco lines, then it might be worth inserting a pabx unit on these lines to provide this function. This is usually very easy to do. However, if using primary-rate PRI ISDN, then very few PABXs are capable of doing this (although might be possible), however, your telco can setup diverts for you at the telco-exchange.