VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

System Unique Identifier

Hello... I would like to know, before I buy the software, how I could have the program marry my NIC card and not my Hard Drive??? The SUI currently starts with H and not M. I have a 3com PCI NIC in this system that was already installed before I installed VG on this computer.

Thanks

There have been some cases of VG not being able to correctly detect the real MAC address of the network card - and in those cases it chooses to use the Hard disk serial number as the generator for it's ID.

Some changes to the way that Network cards are analyzed have been made in Beta19 release of v5.0 - could you plz download that and see which type of ID that version is showing?

I'm running the latest Beta 19 and still the SUI starts with H. I don't want the program to marry the Hard Drive in case we get a new system. It seams more practical to move the NIC card then to replace a system's hard drive which may be used for other purposes...

Thanks

-Sal

In such situations we'll make a note of this on the account and issue a new code when the system is moved.

VoiceGuide registration will soon be able to be tied to the Dialogic card as well - which will make it a lot simples to detect the correct ID, and to move the license in the future.