VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Restarts Initial Script During Transfer- Bug Or My Bad?

Can you please review the logs since VG does not behave the way I want (I'm sure I missed a setting somewhere).

When I do a blind 3-Way conf. call the initial welcome script re-starts and both parties can hear the initial sound file (the welcome message). The transfer is successful and both parties can hear each other.

I have tried a regular hook flash transfer as well as monitored transfer but VG always restarts the welcome script, it seems like VG thinks that a new call is starting.

I am using the latest dialogic version in demo mode.

Any pointers?

0314vgm.txt

0314tw.txt

0314sw.txt

AHCVIncoming.vgs

Looks like the hookflash length is too long and the PBX thinks that VoiceGuide has hung up, so PBX hangs up as well and then sends the call to VoiceGuide again.

Try reducing the hookflash length or using "Dial and Conference" type transfers.

I tried to modify the hook flash length (decreased the time until the transfer did not complete) but I got the same result...However, while playing around with different hook flash settings I discovered that (it seems like) VG triggers on the first outgoing transfer ring signal as an incoming ring signal and VG thinks a new call is coming in.

... sounds like you connected the same pair of wires to two (or more) ports on the Dialogic card, ie. you connected two ports on the Dialogic card "in parallel" to one telephone line...

A telephone line should only connect to one socket...

Each socket on the Dialogic card must have it's own separate phone line plugged into it.

nope, I have not done anything "weird" with the wires.

I have 2 different numbers/phone lines connected to 2 different ports on the dialogic card. (I have one line for incoming calls and the other line will be used for outgoing calls).

I am using a cell phone to dial in to the system.

I noticed that when I changed "RingsBeforeAnswer" (from 0 to 3 rings) the behavior changed and now the transfer works fine.

It looks like there is a race condition when VG answers with 0 rings...

hmmm... here is another problem.

Once the transfer is completed and the call is terminated VG does not release the call and still thinks the call is on progress (even if either/both the caller and the new line is disconnected).

I waited more than a minute after both lines were disconnected and VG still hold on to the original line.

Do I need to terminated the call myself?

If so, how?

In the manual it says:

"VoiceGuide will take the Success path if it is defined, otherwise VoiceGuide will wait and hang up when:

either party hangs up.

maximum conference time limit is reached (settable in VG.INI file)

digit "*" is pressed during conversation"

more pointers please...

Thanks,

hogi

Thanks for the quick support answers (definitely a competitive advantage you have over the competition)!

I am not sure if this is correct..

I opened the DCM (Dialogic Config Manager for D/4PCI-U) and I set "DisconnectTone" = YES under "Misc".

Now VG correctly disconnects the line after one/both callers hang up. :)

However, I new problem started after this change.

VG disconnects the transfer after 2 seconds unless the new line picks up within the 2 second window

VG disconnects the transferred call after 2 seconds of silence.

In other words everything works fine provided that the recipient answers within 2 seconds AND there is no silence for more than 2 seconds.

It sounds like a silence timeout/debounce setting is too low...

more excellent pointers please

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the transfer, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

Then restart VG and make a test call trasnfer.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Here are the logs, I made 3 calls.

The first call was transferred successfully and I picked up within 2 seconds and I kept talking for 30 seconds or so and then I hung up.

The second call was also transferred successfully and I stopped talking after 10-15 seconds and within 2 seconds of silence then VG terminated the call.

The third call was never transferred successfully because I did not pick up the phone and within 2 seconds of ringing VG terminated the call.

0315vgm.txt

0315tw.txt

I see that you are restarting the recording of the call after the Blind 3-Way Conference is setup, but you have not disabled the silence detection in the record module, and the Record module finishes recording when it detects silence, and as you have not defined the "silence" path from that module to go onto somewhere else the module just exits and script ends. VG hangs up when the script ends, which ends the 3-way conference.

Instructions on changing the silence detection parameters are in the Help file's section on the Record module.