VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Text Message Is Typed Into A Webpage Dialogue Box

Gary wrote:

Question.. Can voiceguide be interfaced to a web page front end? Where a

text message is typed into a webpage dialogue box and then played to a

list of phone #s?

I coach a soccer team and could use this (as well as my peer coaches)

capability. Basically an automated phone tree. THANKS! Gary

Yes, this can be done with VoiceGuide.

The text would be saved to a text file - and a set out outbound calls queued.

(Please read the VG Help file on the many ways in which outbound calls can be queued - from the web page it'd be easiest to use the new COM interface's .Dialer_OutDialQueAdd() function)

Then the outgoing script would be set up to play the text file from a Play module - just specify the text file in the Play module instead of a Sound file and VoiceGuide will Text-to-Speech the contents of that text file.

I am also interested in doing something like this however would like to be able to send a list of numbers in a text file and have them imported to the outdial queue in a similar manner to how we can import a massive text file of numbers manually using voiceguide...

The reason for this is by the time i edit code such as this it has taken me more time than to ring the numbers myself

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd "0,5551234", 0, 0, 0, "", "c:\sendinfo\announce.wav", "c:\sendinfo\InfoMenu.vgs", "c:\sendinfo\CallBackDetails.wav", "[CustomerID]{44563}", 0, 2, 5

set vg = Nothing

Is it possible to receive a text file and every number is added to the queue automatically without spending hours formatting the numbers etc etc

Is it possible to receive a text file and every number is added to the queue automatically without spending hours formatting the numbers etc etc

What formatting would you need to do the numbers?

The Dialer_OutDialQueAdd COM function is the easiest way of adding new numbers to call, and you can easily perform any manipulation of then number you would like using VB Script before calling the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd function.

So to use the out dial com things do i just call the VBS file from the VBS module.

If so if i have a list of say 5000 numbers in a text file that i want to call how does it add them all at once??

Am I been stupid or what as i just dont undetstand as it looks from the help guide like i would have to format all the numbers to be added like this....

vg.Dialer_OutDialQueAdd "0,5551234", 0, 0, 0, "", "c:\sendinfo\announce.wav", "c:\sendinfo\InfoMenu.vgs", "c:\sendinfo\CallBackDetails.wav", "[CustomerID]{44563}", 0, 2, 5

set vg = Nothing

Please can you help me clear up my understand on how as part of a script i could for instance add 5000 numbers at once usine voice guide.

I know i seem stupid but the help files really are terrible...

Thanks

In previous post you say that you an add the numbers manually... if that's the case then have you tried just using the "Telephone Number Loader" app?

If you want to automate addition then you will need to reformat your input file to match the input structure of the OutDial_New.xml input file - structure definition is in the VG Help file...

The 3rd option is to use Dialer_OutDialQueAdd from within your own program...

Sounds like you to set up the automated number addition you should find a local programmer who can assist you in putting a small program together which will do this...

The 3rd option is to use Dialer_OutDialQueAdd from within your own program...

This sounds like the best idea how do i use dialer_outdialqueadd from within a program.. please can you provide some details as the instruction help guide is sketchy to say the least...

Thanks

A simple example on how to use that COM function from within a VB Script is provided in the Help file.... it can be very similarly used from within Visual Basic and most other programming languages...

It sounds like you do not know how to use VB or VB Script. I'd recommend buying a book on the subject, or finding a local programmer who can assist you in developing your custom application...

Is this the VB script you refer to running to add numbers to the call list - if so where do i find it please?

set vg = Nothing

Is there no easy way of automating adding numbers to the voiceguide ann numbers tool?

All I ask is you point me in the right direction

Yes. That VB Script is a complete script - you can just run that script as is.

Is there no easy way of automating adding numbers to the voiceguide ann numbers tool?

Are you referring to the Telephone Number Loader? You can use that app but it requires you to enter information manually & press buttons etc. - you need an automated solution, so you cannot use the Telephone Number Loader user application, but will need to add the numbers to call using one of the ways that can be automated...

ie, ways that can be called from your web application. These approaches are:

- using Dialer_OutDialQueAdd COM function, or

- creating the "OutDial_New.xml" file which VG then reads in, or

- inserting information directly into the "DilList.mdb" database.

This is just about as easy as you can get...

(what other ways of queuing numbers to call would you want to use?)