VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

System Hangs_up

Hi

I'm trying to make outgoing call providing a simple script for testing.

The point is that 1/3 times the system hangs up just after I say "hello".

Could you please help me analysing the logs to find out the problem.

Thanks

Mehdi

log.txt

We can see in trace:

234341,14 6 am answering machine detected

234341,28 6 am hangup call as 'none' specified for am msg

from: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm

If an answering machine is detected VoiceGuide will wait until the answering machine's welcome message finishes before starting the script/sound file specified here.

If RETRY is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will attempt dialing again if an answering machine is encountered (up to the maximum number of redials allowed).

If IGNORE is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will ignore Dialogic's advice that an answering machine was detected and will just start the script/file specified in the "when a real person answers" text box.

If DISABLE is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will disable Dialogic's detection of when the call has been answered.

Use one of the options listed in the Help file (and quoted above) for the Answering Machine message field. I think "IGNORE" is what you want.

Using "NONE" results in system just hanging up as there is nothing for it to do.

BTW. You should be using "VoiceGuide for Dialogic".

Thank you for the anwser but It was not an anwring machine.

"BTW. You should be using "VoiceGuide for Dialogic"." -> it is not the case in the logs?

tkx

Mehdi

I have download th VG for dialogic.

1. I try to load numbers using the loader. my numbers are rejected. I donc konw why. see the txt file

2. Im trying to check the logs but I get the pop saying I have to confugre the vg.ini to 10 which I have done but logs are still not activated.

Please help

Tkx

Mehdi

OutDial_Rejected_0312103253.txt

1. I try to load numbers using the loader. my numbers are rejected. I donc konw why. see the txt file
Try deleting the OutDial database and let VG for Dialogic create it when it starts. The OutDial database formats are a bit different between the two versions and you will have problems if the old verison is still on the system.

Set the Answering Machine message field to be IGNORE and then even when the Dialogic card thinks that the outgoing call was answered by a machine the same script will run (the one you specified to be used when a Live Human answers the call).

Hi Mehdi_h and the supportteam.

I am having similar problems and have for a while given my telephone connection the blame for not providing the right interactions, more than the VG system itself. Having worked with it, reading about problems from others, I am not so sure anymore.

I use VG for dialogic 6.0.3243 in europe with dialogic d41jctls-eu cards.

Question 1:

My system stands and falls with the system detecting whether it is a human contact or not.

I.e. I use the " OutDial_Uncontactable_timeout" file and "run on not connect vbscript" but the system keeps beleiving that the phone has been picked up eventhough it has not, so I hardly ever get the timeout.

- At times it detects an answeringmachine but mostly it starts playing the VGscript even though nobody ever answered the call.

- Sometimes it calls, I pick up and I can hear nothing but looking at voiceguide it plays the script as it should, all the way through, including an entry in the log "Outdial_contacted_human". Obviously the system now beleives that it has done its job.

- Last but not least it gives an entry in the log "Outdial_contacted_human" and then terminates the call without any warning.

What can cause these misguiding detections? Different telephones answering? Noise on the line?

I called a number with out having a line connected to my dialogic cards. Unfortunately the script started running. The log is attached as 4593.txt. Can you help me on why this happens? That may solve some of the other points.

Question 2:

Would entering NONE in the Answeringmachine field result in the system not redialing the number of times specified in call_retries, i.e. if it hits an AM on the first call and is specified to redial 3 times before "giving up", will then still try another 3 times or does it stop after the first dial?

Question 3:

The time specified in the log files are always in AM/PM mode but it soesn't even specify whether it is AM/PM. This is quite confusing. How can I change it into the 24hours clock?

I appreciate your answers and suggestions.

BR

Henrik

4593.zip

the system keeps beleiving that the phone has been picked up eventhough it has not, so I hardly ever get the timeout
Looks like the ringback tones have not been properly set.

On analog systems you must define the tone definitions (in ConfigLine.xml file) properly so that the Dialogic knows what are the ringback/disconnect/busy/etc tones that it has to listen out for.

Looking at the trace we see that the Dialogic card did indicate that it could not hear any ringback tones, and that is why it connected the call:

143630,23 1 tw DialogicEvent 133,TDX_CALLP,9,0,0,CR_NORB,,

143630,23 1 event NORINGBACK, iCode=133 state=5200

Setting tones can be hard if you dial may different systems and they have different ringback tones. For those applications you should really select a E1 ISDN line. E1 ISDN signaling relieves you from the need to do tone detection on the line.

Question 2:

Would entering NONE in the Answeringmachine field result in the system not redialing the number of times specified in call_retries, i.e. if it hits an AM on the first call and is specified to redial 3 times before "giving up", will then still try another 3 times or does it stop after the first dial?

System will retry calling, up to the number of retries specified.

Question 3:

The time specified in the log files are always in AM/PM mode but it soesn't even specify whether it is AM/PM. This is quite confusing. How can I change it into the 24hours clock?

The AM/PM should be visible. Can you please post the screenshot of what you are seeing.

dialer_on_VG6.0.3243.zipHi again

thanks for the answers.

Q.1

We are using some IP phone converter boxes with the dialogic boards. That may be part of the problem.

Where will I find documentation on how to setup the dial tones in Configlin.xml?

regarding Q3:

Please find attached the screenshot of the telephoneloader with no sign of AM/PM. Wouldn't it be better to just use the 24hr system, as that is what you use in the outdial.mdb anyway!?

BR

Henrik

Where will I find documentation on how to setup the dial tones in Configlin.xml?
See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

Please find attached the screenshot of the telephoneloader with no sign of AM/PM. Wouldn't it be better to just use the 24hr system, as that is what you use in the outdial.mdb anyway!?
Thanks for the screenshot. Strange that AM/PM is not showing as there is plenty of space for it. What country are you in? What are your system's Regional settings set to? In Control Panel go to Regional Options and try customizing your time settings to use AM and PM tags (I think you'll find that they are cleared right now)

Many people find 24 hour time confusing so decision was made to use AM/PM as standard.

Thanks for the help.

Setting was not to show AM / PM, correct. The loader works wit AM/PM now. Country: Denmark.

BR Henrik