VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Wave Plays First Iteration Not On Second

I'm using a dialogic dc4/pciufw with vg version with record pause/resume enabled. First time thru the application, everything seems to work fine.

Entering a patient ID #, the first time thru the loop, it plays the enterpid.wav file without a problem. The second time thru the loop, the VG screen SAYS it's playing (and the log file seems to reflect this), but there is no sound. Key presses seem to register with the Dialogic card and are logged and react correctly, but there is no sound coming thru the DG card (or pc speakers for that matter). From that point forward, no .wav files will generate sound out the Dialogic card. Intermittently, I will see a .vox file created for one of the .wav files, but it is not predictable. Killing VG and deleting any existing .vox files seems to correct the situation until the next time a second iteration is called for. Earlier in the project, I had an issue with 16khz .wav files, but I have used SWITCH to convert all files to 8KHz per the Dialogic "preferences".

Originally, I had many more wave files as prompts, but as they seemed to be causing some issues, I've replaced many with TTS type prompts, but it's less convenient.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0222vgm.txt

enterpid.wav

Sorry....the first (successful) playing of enterpid.wav is at:

163752.38 1 state [EnterPID] Playing (enterpid.wav)

....the second (failed) playing of enterpid.wav is at:

163830.97 1 state [EnterPID] Playing (enterpid.wav)

Could you please post the "tw" trace - this will show us what is happening on the Dialogic level.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make the test calls which demonstrate the problem.

Could you also post a demo script which reproduces this problems on your system?

We tried the sound file and it seems fine on our test system (VgMulti v6.0.3002, ktTel v2.4.0, Feb 19 2007 11:51:42). We were able to loop back to the module playing that file a number of times and file always played fine. We used the Credit Card Payment demo script for testing.

v6.0.3002 update is here: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4681

(Can you confirm if the Credit Card Payment demo script works fine on your system running v6.0.3002 when you loop through the data entry loop a number times?)

Sorry for the delay...traveling this week.

Here ya go....I believe this is a matched set. Also, I just noticed that there IS an "Error 1002" in the log file right after the recording (and before the second play of the enterpid.wav file, but I can't find a reference to explain what that is...??

0222tw.txt

0222sw.txt

0222vgm.txt

csstrans2.vgs

Trace shows that on the second call the sound file stopped playing as the user pressed the Hangup button immediately after the sound file started to play:

163844.20 1 state [GetPinNumber] Number Input

163844.20 1 state [GetPinNumber] Playing (pinprompt.wav)

163844.20 1 timer clear

163844.22 1 play start ok, lPlayId=105890

163844.45 0 btn Exit (4 lines)

163844.45 1 line state = 1300

163844.45 1 calling HangupCall

163844.45 1 HangupCall start (btnTop 310)

163844.45 1 rv add [Hangup Time]{2/22/2007 4:38:44 PM}

163844.45 1 state Hanging up call... [btnTop 310]

To avoid the "Error 1002" message in trace just use quotes to surround the string in the Evaluate Expression module.

The "Error 1002" does not affect anything as VG detects it and handles it appropriately. (as you can see the RV in that module is assigned as expected).

Please update to v6.0.3002 if posting any more traces.

Yeah....the hangup is from me hanging up becase there's "no sound" coming from the telephone receiver. I'll try to let it go a little longer next time.

Hmmm....Updating to the new rev, doesn't look like it'll help....I'm seeing this same thing on a machine with the older software (which you've seen logs for) and a machine with the newer software (I'll have to check the rev#). I'll try to get logs from that one for you this week. It's "off site" and more difficult to get to.