VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Record Module - Record Quality

I want to find out what quality of the recording is when using the Record Module and if it can be changed from the default? If it record at 8Khz cand that be changed to 32 or even 44Khz?

The recording is determined by the hardware used. Modems will record at 8kHz, Dialogic cards at 11kHz. It cannot be changed.

I agree with you, but that is the ouput of the card, beyond that it is SW that writes the file and hense the format should be controllable. I have created a batch file that takes the recorded WAV file aconverts it to a MP3 and then emailes it out, but in order for the encoder to work the WAV file must be 32Khz or higher. ANy help will be greatly appreciated - Thanks

Right now VoiceGuide will record in whatever format the hardware supports (mainly so that it can play back the same sound files using the same hardware in the future)

There is no option to alter the record format.

I suspect there should be many utilities out there which can do this conversion from the batch file so you'd just need to add another operation to the batch file - or perhaps you can find a different .WAV->.MP3 converter which will accept lower frequency .WAV files...

If you find a solution that works It'd be good if you could post it here - as you know other people have been asking for this but unfortunately we were as yet unable to spend time on this question ourselves...

Ok I have the solution for you guys, you will need two seperate DOS programs, AUDIOCV which can be found here http://www.geocities.com/mpxplay/, this program will convert the WAV freq to 32Khz or above. Second you will need a program call BladeEnc which can be found here, http://www2.arnes.si/~mmilut/BladeEnc.html (Both Programs are free). This software will encode the new WAV with the proper Freq into an MP3.

Now you will need to build a batch file that will run this process so that it is transparant; your batch file should look something like this:

"c:\YourFileDIrectory\audiocv.exe -of 48000 c:\YourFileDirectory\YourFileName.wav C:\YourFileDirectory\YourFileName2.wav" - [YourFIleName.wav is your original, YourFIlename2.wav is the converted]

"c:\YourFileDIrectory\BladeEnc.exe -quit %1" - [This will atuomaticaly build a new file with the same name but now with a MP3 extension]

Once this is built and tested then you can run the process through any command line in VG or build a VB Script to run it. the command line should look something like the "Run C:\YourFIleDIrecotry\YourBatchFIle.bat"

Good Luck and have fun!!!!

Oh sorry forgot to put the destination file info for the MP3 COnversion, please use this line info instead:

"c:\YourFileDIrectory\BladeEnc.exe c:\YourFileDirectory\YourFIleName2.wav -quit %1"

That should do it!!!!