VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Dialer Doesn't Wait For Free Line

I plan to soon be using a D/240JCT-T1 but for development I have been using a D/4PCI.

Running VG for Dialogic v6.3243.

Here's the scenario:

I am making a human to human call on my only outbound capable line (not through VG). The VG app is on what could be considered an additional extension on the same line (line 1) and I have an AS-4 Tel Line Simulator or line 2.

My VG app queues up outbound calls.

And VG Dialer immediately starts dialing out on line 1, even though I am on that extension line (albeit outside the VG app) talking.

Will this be a problem when I have both inbound & outbound calls potentially on the same set of 24 lines? At that point, VG will be the only thing making & receiving calls on the 24 T-1 lines.

Why didn't VG Dialer wait for the line to be available before attempting an outbound call?

I've attached the tw & vgm logs for the session in question.

The VG inbound script was running on line 2, the outbound was going out on line 1.

Thanks for looking into this.

0220tw.txt

0220vgm.txt

even though I am on that extension line (albeit outside the VG app) talking.
Sounds like you have the same analog line split into two to go 'in parallel' to a port on the Dialogic card and to an analog handset... yes?

There is no way for Dialogic/VG to know whether some other handset connected to the same line is 'picked up' or not.

From VG's point of view the line is free as VG itself is not using it right now.

A phone line should be connected to only one device which can make or answer calls.

Do not connect multiple devices which can make or answer calls to one phone line.