VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sound Conversion

There was a thread somewhere hear and now i can not find, it discussed the use of taking a recorded wav file from the voicemail box and converting it to MP3 for emailing to save bandwidth and time. Although the thread did not give exact details on how to achieve it but did say it was doable and you would need a third party program that would do the conversion.

Can you please give the details on what exactly needs to be done to achieve this procedure - Thank you!!!

It was probably http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=2&t=392

To find the dozens of free tools which will do that go to www.download.com and search for "wav to mp3".

You will then need to specify the command to run in the Voicemail boxes "Run" text box.

Other tools can be used to email the resulting file - so you will need to create a small batch file which converts and then emails - and specify that batch file in the "Run" text box...

Being a novice i am hoping you have something i can read that will tell me how to build this batch file or at least give me a running start? Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thank you in advance.