VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

End Of Call Detection - Outbound Dialer

Hi

I am running VG 6.0.3243 on XP SP2 with a Dialogic PCIU4 board running SR6.0

I use a record call script to save wav files of each outbound call made.

I am having no success in getting VG / Dialogic to recognise the end of the call.

Having read the guide at http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm, I used Audacity to identify the disconnect tones from a wav recording of a call made.

There were 2 disconnect tones of different frequencies, details as follows:

Freq1: 482

Freq2: 620

On time: 50

Off time: 50

I amended the section in ConfigLine.xml <Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT"> to reflect the above, with freq1 dev 50, freq2 dev 60, on time dev 5, off time dev 5, repetition count 3.

However, when I played the wav recording file it contained the disconnect tones (repeatedly) and the recording lasts until the timeout limit set in the script was reached.

I have attached zip file of the log entry for the outbound call made, from which the wav recording contains several disconnect tones.

Questions:

a) Does the timeout in the script over-ride the end of call detection settings in ConfigLine.xml ??

B) Do I need to include anything in the script regarding end of call detection ??

c) Is there a setting within VG that is incorrect / not set ??

Hope you can help me on this, thanks.

Cheers

HK

p.s. I can send you the wav file and record call.vgs files if required.

0130vgm.zip

Most likely the ON/OFF cadence timings are not set correctly - a setting of 5 is very low.

Please post recording of the Disconnect tone.

a) Does the timeout in the script over-ride the end of call detection settings in ConfigLine.xml ??
Yes.

B) Do I need to include anything in the script regarding end of call detection ??
No.

The wav file is posted as requested

Is it possible to amend the script so that if a disconnect was detected, the recording would stop before the timeout limit was reached ??

Thanks

HK

61008175_300107_1552.zip

The ON/OFF cadence in the recorded file is 500ms ON, 500ms OFF.

So as per instrucion in here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

In ConfigLine.xml the TID_DISCONNECT definition should look like this:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Our Disconnect Tone</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>480</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>620</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>50</Freq2Dev>

<On>50</On>

<OnDev>10</OnDev>

<Off>50</Off>

<OffDev>10</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

Is it possible to amend the script so that if a disconnect was detected, the recording would stop before the timeout limit was reached ??
Yes. If the disconnect tone is detected the system will hangup the call.

I amended ConfigLine.xml as follows:

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>482</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>620</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>50</Freq2Dev>

<On>50</On>

<OnDev>10</OnDev>

<Off>50</Off>

<OffDev>10</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

I called the same number again but the recording does not stop once the disconnect tone is heard.

How do I get the disconnect tone to be recognised so the recording stops before the timeout limit is reached within the script ??

I have attached the log, wav file and the record call.vgs script.

Thanks

HK

0131vgm.zip

61008175_310107_1616.zip

Record_Call.vgs

Please post the "tw" log as well - that log will show us if the tone detection settings are read in correctly.

Please post entire log which includes application startup and the call.

Looks like logging to tw trace was not enabled.

Please enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call.

Trace shows the tone definitions are read in OK, so it's hard to say why the card is not detecting the disconnect tone...

Please try deleting these disconnect tone definitions from the ConfigLine.xml: DISCONNECT_TAPI1, DISCONNECT_TAPI2, DISCONNECT_Telstra (just to clean about the configuration.)

and relax the TID_DISCONNECT constraints a bit. Try this setting:

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>480</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>100</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>620</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>100</Freq2Dev>

<On>50</On>

<OnDev>20</OnDev>

<Off>50</Off>

<OffDev>20</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

We're getting to the stage where we would almost start to look at the Dialogic card itself...

We've reconfirmed that the tone detection works on a test system we have here by downlaoding the v6.0.3243 from our WWW and installing it on the test machine. We tested disconnect tone detection on incoming and outgoing calls and it worked perfect in both cases. Confirmed that the same ktTel control was used (ktTel v2.3.8, Dec 7 2006 11:46:33 [For Dialogic])

The disconnect tone itself was a bit different and in our case it was the DISCONNECT_TAPI2 tone which was reported by the Dialogic, but the point is that tone detection worked. Ringback detection worked as well - the system did not give any "No Ringback" based connects when placing outgoing calls.

The test system which we tried this on was running SR6.0 SU125 and used a D/41JCT card.

We'll try tyhis next on a D/4PCIUF based system with SR6.0 original release and see if it makes any difference.

Which SR6.0 version are you running?

Is the Dialogic card a D/4PCIU or a D/4PCIUF or something else?

I am running SR6.0 on PCI for Windows, original release (Feature Pack 1 has NOT been installed)

The Dialogic board is a D/4PCIUF

Thanks

HK

CORRECTION:

I have a Dialogic D/4PCI-U card - confirmed by the UDD utility from Intel.

Thanks

HK

We just did the same test on a clean WinXP system running the original SR6.0 PCI release (the "Build 61") and the v6.0.3243 of VG.

The disconnect tone was detected as expected. No modification were made to ConfigLine.xml file.

(DISCONNECT_TAPI2 is what fires in response to disconnect signal from our test PBX - Panasonic D816).

Dialogic card used was a D/4PCIUF - reported in SR6.0 status and UDD status as a D/4PCIU.

Other customers running analog based system are also able to detect disconnect tone, so at this stage we'd have to say that we'd recommend you try changing the Dialogic card...

First you could try installing the latest SR6.0 release and see if that makes any difference...

Or you could try relaxing the constraints further and seeing at which point you are seeing the Dialogic card report a Disconnect tone (even if it's a false detection) and work back from that point...

If you are looking at using a larger system then we'd probably be recommending that you switch to using a T1/E1 ISDN service - with ISDN you do not need to listen for disconnect tones as ISDN signaling informs you immediately when call is ended (and answered, etc.)

If it helps, I have had exactly the same problem on 2 different sites and to this day I cannot get Voiceguide to detect the hang up tones in the way it is supposed to, so I'm very pleased to hear the Support guys have proved it can actually work.

The way I got round it was to go to the Dialogic DCM program and I had to set HANGUP TONE to ON.

The effect of this is that the dialogic is loaded with the tones you want to detect, and when it detects the tones it signal a DROP OF LOOP CURRENT back to Voiceguide, which then promptly drops the line.

You might like to look at this thread which details the complete problem, and the solution.

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4507

Cheers

Simon

Simon

I had changed the DCM settings to ON for disconnect tone, but that still did not work.

The telco firm that supplied my D/4 board provided a configured TSF file to use within DCM for disconnect tone settings / detection. They then used Intel test software to verify that, at board level, it recognised disconnect tones.

Post these changes the VG script now stops recordings within 1-2secs after the line disconnects, so a working solution has been achieved.

Cheers

HK

Could you post the configuration settings which are working for you now on this system?

I think VG should have a copy of these file in its download site that everyone can use it.

I have the same problem and can't find the configured TSF file to use within DCM for disconnect tone settings anywhere.

A TSF file stores the same information that is specified in the ConfigLine.xml file.

You can use Dialogic's PBXpert.exe tool to create a TSF file and then specify the file to be used in the DCM, but this is not recommended as then it's not possible for us to see in VoiceGuide trace what tone parameters have been set for the system.

All I can say is that I have found that you MUST have your DCM settings for DISCONNECT TONE set to ON for disconnect tone detection to work.

VG Support are right in that you shouldnt need to use a TSF file in DCM, as Voiceguide does successfully upload these settings from configline.xml, but if Disconnect Tone is set to OFF in DCM Voiceguide won't detect hang up. (At least I've never been able to get it to do so.)